Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing up this oem rebuild for a buddy who runs a tree service. It got a bath in the ultrasonic to clean it up. It got a new piston and cylinder, seals, carb kit, ignition wire, dual port muffler with cage reduction and screen replacement. New HD filter, av's and roller catcher. It had an issue this this week and it took an extra set of eyes to catch it! Didn't know a saw would run with the impulse line not connected to the case! Thanks for the help Mike! Ran a tank through it today just to make sure all was good with it! Noodles anyone?
88b6f4b9f1ebdd80e198927b4f846d99.jpg
0c9c72e75448b44081fcc1a0ad3c0de8.jpg

Just finishing up this oem rebuild for a buddy who runs a tree service. It got a bath in the ultrasonic to clean it up. It got a new piston and cylinder, seals, carb kit, ignition wire, dual port muffler with cage reduction and screen replacement. New HD filter, av's and roller catcher. It had an issue this this week and it took an extra set of eyes to catch it! Didn't know a saw would run with the impulse line not connected to the case! Thanks for the help Mike! Ran a tank through it today just to make sure all was good with it! Noodles anyone?
88b6f4b9f1ebdd80e198927b4f846d99.jpg
0c9c72e75448b44081fcc1a0ad3c0de8.jpg
Nice work. Always good to see that it was totally worth it rebuilding and repairing a saw.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Got my Husqvarna T435 in the shop.
Nice saw, only the chainbrake is garbage. Got it for a cheap price so took it. Pics following soon [emoji4]

Nice work. Always good to see that it was totally worth it rebuilding and repairing a saw.

Seems that some of those bigger Stihl saws have a pulse line that's a bit too short, one pull in tough wood and out it comes! I had one like that and maybe the combination of a short line plus spongy mounts made it happen. The saw didn't run once the line was out though, it may have popped a little bit..

Hmm have some problems with my husqvarna T435. It starts good, and idlrs good. When you rev it up it goes very good. Also when you saw it also goes very well. I pruned a whole tree and has plenty of power. But when it is on idle and you hit the throttle 3 or 4 times in a row it just dies. What can cause this? I was thinking about the L screw?

I also have a video if you don't understand what i mean.

Hmm have some problems with my husqvarna T435. It starts good, and idlrs good. When you rev it up it goes very good. Also when you saw it also goes very well. I pruned a whole tree and has plenty of power. But when it is on idle and you hit the throttle 3 or 4 times in a row it just dies. What can cause this? I was thinking about the L screw?

I also have a video if you don't understand what i mean.

Back the L screw out an eighth turn and bump it again. The more you turn it the more responsive it should get.
Then you'll need to turn your idle screw or it won't idle.....and retune your H.

Here is the video. https://vid.me/Xr8C

Oh, so it's actually throttling up, just not coming back off without dying. I must have misread your post above to lead to tuning advise.
There could be a couple things... bad carb, bad bearing seal. Start your process of elimination. The first thing I always check is the piston and work my way back to the carb and then down.

Oh, so it's actually throttling up, just not coming back off without dying. I must have misread your post above to lead to tuning advise.
There could be a couple things... bad carb, bad bearing seal. Start your process of elimination. The first thing I always check is the piston and work my way back to the carb and then down.
I have a friend who is a mechanic at a husqvarna dealer. I think i am going to ask him. I don't want to screw things up [emoji4]

Btw Piston looks pretty weird to me, because idle and full revving etc is good. Also in the wood it has a lot of power and the compression seems good to me. So i think like you are saying there is something with the carb or an air leak or something.

Dan, yea 066, sorry about that. I only can find one, to the right of the tree. Is it real or a target?
To the right of the tree is Fred my 3D target. My kids named him many years ago! If you look in the background to the left you will see my skull mount that I just got back. I set him on the wood pile for some pics!
bf85e0115edf147b0067a2b6705e783d.jpg

Back