Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never run one, but 123cc has to have ungodly torque

Yeah me too, but I don't want to run it to find out until I clean the piston and cylinder of any carbon and go through it. I plan on having it powder coated with good old Mculloch yellow and black after I get it clean and fired up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping not to find internal mag rot. It has good compression and good feeling bearings, all rubber is in surprisingly good shape. A $25 asking price strongly persuaded me to become the second owner of this fine machine.

Yeah me too, but I don't want to run it to find out until I clean the piston and cylinder of any carbon and go through it. I plan on having it powder coated with good old Mculloch yellow and black after I get it clean and fired up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping not to find internal mag rot. It has good compression and good feeling bearings, all rubber is in surprisingly good shape. A $25 asking price strongly persuaded me to become the second owner of this fine machine.
that is a steal at 10x the price :)

I'm a firm believer that the dino oils of yesteryear helped preserve rather than destroy rubber like today's synthetics seem to

I'm a firm believer that the dino oils of yesteryear helped preserve rather than destroy rubber like today's synthetics seem to

It had sat in a connex box for 40 years untouched. The inside of the fuel tank looked as if it were freshly rinsed with a sip of good fuel left behind and the cap was crusted on showing no signs of being opened the entire sit. Inside didn't smell stale and if I didn't know any better I'd say he just rinsed it out before I got there.
I'm really not expecting to find any rot inside the case. *crosses fingers

Tried to save a few bucks by buying OEM wrist pin bearings on ebay. I may have gotten OEM but the bearings are for the clutch not the wrist pin. So now I'm waiting for an order from Jacks with a bunch of other stuff. Killing time by cleaning up the last three 262's before the parts arrive. I picked up a 257 "donor" saw that I'll scavenge parts from for doing any future 262's. The 257 specific parts (tank, carb manifold, etc) I'll clean up and list on ebay.

Ideal weather outside to work in shop today. Windspeeds up to 70 mph, and rain pours out of the sky. It rained in 24 hours more than in the whole month of july here in Belgium.
Let's fix the half choke problem on the Stihl MS240 then.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Would that be a Hutzl entire 066 or 660?

Plus or minus... :)

I was inspired by watching my wife & step daughters competing a jigsaw puzzle while we were on vacation.... just thought maybe a 3-d mechanical puzzle might be an interesting concept....for them. My wife took the challenge. Thought a "theme" video might be fun. The 56mm version is a beast BTW.

Plus or minus... :)

I was inspired by watching my wife & step daughters competing a jigsaw puzzle while we were on vacation.... just thought maybe a 3-d mechanical puzzle might be an interesting concept....for them. My wife took the challenge. Thought a "theme" video might be fun. The 56mm version is a beast BTW.

Ok, list the pluses and the minuses -- you got this cat curious :yes:

In due time....:)
Been thinking about doing one. Saw a few threads where there were some problems with the pistons on some of the Hutzl models.
Not sure I read where any of that was solved so I've been skiddish. Maybe you can do a thread. :hi:

Been thinking about doing one. Saw a few threads where there were some problems with the pistons on some of the Hutzl models.
Not sure I read where any of that was solved so I've been skiddish. Maybe you can do a thread. :hi:

The parts to work aftermarket builds are cheap therefore low/no risk so that shouldn't stop you! Maybe A video, I'll see. I'll let others do the focus on "AM only" builds as I'm more interested in the "extending life" concept as I did with the 372's. Sort of like celebrating the basic design...and using AM to get more useful life and/or possibly punch. Analogous to using Edelbrock to replace Rochesters to improve a small block if its possible.. we will see! The problem with a strictly AM build is it doesn't show fit to OEM so is slightly off target... I'll see. So far they run well. Just want real time with them for a bit before going forum public with them...and ... Which pistons? I haven't built a lot of different saws types... only Husqvarna 350's and 372's with Huztl parts. Just dipping the toe in the water on the "dark side" (As defined by my Husqvarna/Jonsered friends) with this 660. Looking for more scrap 066's too to complete the premise. The parts I have so far look solid. Time and use will tell! Much to my chagrin I've really had fun with these 660's! I'm pretty much a Jonsered enthusiast. These 660's look like a simple and solid design which is why from the time of the 066's to now they have been a favorite for the pro! Aftermarket is a way to extend their service life in my mind. A great design....not ready to be retired from the saw world.

Back