Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal! My biggest buck was with archery, still hunting on the ground in former apple orchard, but the rack was broken. He had his nose to the ground, and I was in the shadow of an apple tree, he came 15 yards away before he lifted his head and I let fly.

To the right of the tree is Fred my 3D target. My kids named him many years ago! If you look in the background to the left you will see my skull mount that I just got back. I set him on the wood pile for some pics!
bf85e0115edf147b0067a2b6705e783d.jpg

No wonder he got kilt -- he got all tangled up in the bobbed war! :envy:[/QUOTE]

Parts came today for the 041 and I slapped it together...Stihl 041AV 001.JPG Heavy little thing compared to the new Stihls. I started it up and tried to tune it, adjusted it every which way and sometimes it felt like it had an air leak, then I looked and the tank was about out of gas. Now I have to start adjusting it all over again, after I fill it up that is..

I've had an 026 pro for a while but the carb puddles a little bit on that and I just like to piddle around and run a different saw every once in a while. The little bit I've run it tonight I can tell she is already pulling at my heartstrings!!!

You can have that fuel leaking son of a gun, great carb on the track, horrible on the street.

Joe

I ran them on 351 C, 390, 428 CJ, and 427 Ford. Never had one leak, but they made them run like they came off the track! Back in the day, it was the carb to have. However, I do prefer the FI and VCT on my current Mustang! Makes that 281 (4.6L) feel like a built 427 Ford (It has a Whipple Twin Screw Intercooled).

Working on my 041, never got it to run and idle consistently so decided to tear it down, starting with the carb. Took the carb off and noticed right away it didn't have a gasket under it. I went ahead and took the plastic plate off and checked for the bottom gasket which it had. I put a new gasket under the carb and now I believe it's right.

I pulled this little gem ms170 apart to de-carbon it and discovered a very sharp non chamfered transfer edge working hard on the piston. So I decided to smooth it up before putting it back together.2015-07-28 16.31.03.jpg

Latest posts

Back