Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stripped down and cleaned a Poulan 2000 (or something that looks like it) to put on eBay for parts. I picked out some 1129 parts (stihl 020T) to put on eBay and I also sorted through some shipments I received of new parts and put those away and then fled the shop for the air conditioned house as it was hot as blazes today.

Tell that to my boat...that HAD the Quad Bog...

Come on now, you should know how to set up a Q Jet, really not that hard. The guys at Rochester really knew their stuff, pretty much just need to leave it as they designed it. Maybe a size or two smaller on the primary metering rods, that's about it. I really like the variable venturi design, same carb will work equally as well on a 283 as a 454.

Joe

Come on now, you should know how to set up a Q Jet, really not that hard. The guys at Rochester really knew their stuff, pretty much just need to leave it as they designed it. Maybe a size or two smaller on the primary metering rods, that's about it. I really like the variable venturi design, same carb will work equally as well on a 283 as a 454.

Joe

All the twisting and turning.... come on what?? Took the one off...put the other one on and problem solved, leme see....you put your money where your mouth is? I'll swap even. You give me a Marine application Edelbrock 1409 or 1410. And I'll give the more sophisticated better engineered Quad that came off a small block marine application. How about that? You win your prize of a carburetor and I get another carb for the next boat project....oh yea..remember it has to be the marine version. If your not interested...so much for your opinion...:)

And..if you don't like the one from a 350 Small Block marine application...I'll trade one that came off a 454 street application for that Edelbrock "marine" application 1410 for my 454 marine project motor.

I don't mess with boats sir, just a hole in the water to throw money in. However, if I run across a marine application Edelbrock at a swap meet I would be more than happy to rebuild it and send it your way in exchange for a rebuilt Q Jet. I am a big fan of Rochester carbs, have a tri-power setup I have pieced together over the years, and a Pontiac 455 to put it on, now all I need is a 62/63 Catalina to drop it in. Also have a 4G on the 283 in my 1965 Malibu SS convertible, have a small block dual quad intake (can't remember who made it, Offenhauser maybe?) drilled for two Q Jets, and several Q Jets I have accumulated over the years in the parts bin. I have ran Q Jets on 460 Fords in place of the Motorcraft 4360 and those were some pulling S.O.Bs.

Joe

Got an MS170 in the shop today.
Damn these things are small [emoji14].
Thing leaks oil all over the place.
Also it won't run at all.
Let's take a look this evening whats wrong with it.

4888e85d2107736bf1303c8604e6d40c.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thanks,

That is a Curt Hitch. We bought this vehicle off the lot, so it did not have a hitch. Good thing, because the factory thing is that small little #. This one just bolts right in, no welding, and is very solid, and full size. I like it a lot.

Kill the grubs and the moles will move on to better diggs.

Meh. The school district used insect killer across the street and the moles moved to our yard. Damn army of them buggers.
Right now I just about have them on the run.. I found a couple of new tunnels this morning which I doctored up before my morning coffee. I used to have dozens of eruptions in the yard, now I'm down to one or two so I guess it's getting there.

Finished the last three 262 projects. I had to deal with my first assembly failure where the pressure test passed but the vacuum test failed - up till now they always failed the pressure test if it was going to fail. This was a full rebuild from the crank on up but I reasoned that it probably was a seal issue. Sure enough, the o-ring seal on the flywheel side crank seal cover was leaking for some reason. It was a new o-ring so I don't know what its problem was but it stopped leaking after throwing some more oil on it and tightening the cover back down.

All three fired up quickly and required little adjustment. I did find out that the re-used rubber oil pump sump line was not sealing on two of them so I've had to order new parts. I should just bite the bullet and replace these automatically because their failure rate on re-use seems to be about 50%.

Back