Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does someone know where i can buy stickers, banners, or some other articles to put in the shop? i can't find anything over here in Belgium.

Only luck I ever had with a Stihl sticker was eBay, maybe someone else will
Chime in that knows somewhere else. I'm a sticker hound

Only luck I ever had with a Stihl sticker was eBay, maybe someone else will
Chime in that knows somewhere else. I'm a sticker hound
Asked my dealer but he only had some vintage shop boards he didn't want to sell, and his new stuff he needs so no luck over there ;)

Another "...runs great, in perfect shape..." burned down dud.... :angry:

IMG_20151109_163137-XL.jpg

IMG_20151109_163104-XL.jpg

IMG_20151109_163218-XL.jpg

Why bum out? Hot rod the sorry POS! :cheers:

What brand is that? I've worked on quite a few gravely's but never saw any like that one that I cam remember
It is a Mametora, model MC180SB.
It was a japanese brand, i think?
Anyway, there are no parts to find on the internet. I just can't figure out what is wrong with it. I worked with it on a day, put it back in the shop when i finished the job. Forgot to close the fuel valve, and the next day there was a big spot of fuel on the ground. Since that day it runs like sh*t.

It is a Mametora, model MC180SB.
It was a japanese brand, i think?
Anyway, there are no parts to find on the internet. I just can't figure out what is wrong with it. I worked with it on a day, put it back in the shop when i finished the job. Forgot to close the fuel valve, and the next day there was a big spot of fuel on the ground. Since that day it runs like sh*t.
check if that fuel could have leaked into the crankcase.? cant think of any reason why it would run crap after leaving the fuel tap on over nite. maybe the float is stuck open because it it?

I recently acquired 4 saws of the 029/290 persuasion and a couple of MS361s to work on. I'm trying to maybe make 3 290s out of that bunch and 1 good 361, maybe 2 but the second one would be expensive, since I'd be running low on parts. I've got one MS290 already put together and one 361 but neither is in running condition. Right now I'm just working on completing the saws then I'll get them running maybe next Spring.

Replaced a roached piston in a Jonsered 670 with a new Meteor 266 piston. Seems the owner was using those stupid oil packs that look like catsup packets from McDonalds and got the ratios all wrong. I tell him that his bar and chain need some attention and for $10 I can fix them. Nope, he explains he knows how to do all that. Really nice saw in bad hands.

I also had my first experience with a blown flywheel-side seal assembly o-ring on my backup 1996 262. I thought it was just a carb adjustment it needed because I couldn't get the chain to stop turning at idle. Or maybe an old clutch spring. But when I turned it on its side when running and the rpm's changed, I knew I had bigger problems. I tore into it, did a pressure test and couldn't even get the gauge to move the leak was so bad. I finally discovered the o-ring under the flywheel seal cover was grossly leaking. I now know why I have heard people saying how nice the older metal seal covers are. This one had the white plastic version and it was REALLY warped. Fortunately I have some metal ones in the parts bin so I'll be putting that back together tomorrow with a new o-ring and crank seal.

Latest posts

Back