Baileys order QUICK!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to get your back up and take it personnel fella. Saying it the way I see it.

The way I see it, is Gregg has been here as a technical adviser that has taken on more than what has been originally intended. I do remember at one stage there was an employee in the Bailey's forum dealing with this side of things.

I will say this, your response reminds me that dealing with the public, some people don't care who's responsible, as long as someone pays.

Wow you sure got that one wrong ......

I think there shippping is way to high..Plus they are slow getting orders to.That is Y I now get my chain from stihl dealer.For the price of the chain plus shipping I still come out ahead getting stihl chain.

Two orders placed with Bailey's recently. One sat in the warehouse for three days, the other two, overall it was fairly slow service, IMHO. I also ordered a flywheel puller from Treatland in California on Thursday morning, paid for the cheapest shipping just like with Bailey's, it came in today's mail. Apparently all packages from California to Michigan don't take 8 days.....

+1 ..took two days for me. The folks at Treat apparently don't mess around.

Interesting.:confused2: I pulled the trigger on an order form Baileys Friday morning May 6. I checked the UPS tracking number Baileys emailed me yesterday and it shows UPS picked up the order Friday evening May 6. The package (2 chains, a bar, some wedges, and a raker guide) was in transit the same day the order was received.

Here's my situation...
Ordered on 5/2
hadn't received a shipping confirmation so on 5/5 IEmailed to see when it would ship. Response was that it was in the warehouse and should ship that day.
Yesterday I receive an email that 1 item is backordered and will be another 3 weeks.

Now I'm not a pro by any means, Just a homeowner and I don't need anything rushed but I do expect to receive my orders in a timely manor.

With that said, I've ordered from them in the past and been very happy with the service. I'm hopping that they're just having an off month or backed up from the spring sale.

I won't let 1 order stop me from going back.

Howdy All,
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm trying to get over a Malware Monday. (not fun) I've tried responding to this a couple times now and I keep crapping out before i post and then I lose what I wrote. I'm just going to keep this short and hopefully i can post before I have another issue. Good, bad, or indifferent, we always appreciate constructive comments.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy All,
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm trying to get over a Malware Monday. (not fun) I've tried responding to this a couple times now and I keep crapping out before i post and then I lose what I wrote. I'm just going to keep this short and hopefully i can post before I have another issue. Good, bad, or indifferent, we always appreciate constructive comments.
Regards
Gregg

Gregg, we appreciate your effort.

Good luck with the malware! My main computer picked-up a nasty virus that blocks the anti-virus scan & repair :bang:, and it has affected several other funtions as well. I don't dare pull any documents, photos, etc. from the hard drive.

I too got hit with the slow shipping on my recent order. I visit back east to help friends and family. Over the last year it takes 5 business days to hit Ohio (in-stock items) I had a trip scheduled last month. Needed some chains, wedges and such. I put the order in 8 business days before I was to arrive in OH. I fly in and no shipment yet. I had to hit the ground running. Ended up purchasing local because I couldn't wait the additional 3 days it took to get the order. It was a pain because the trees were large maples and I run full skip on the 372xp Snellerized saw. Easy to get out west at the local shop. Not so much in northern Ohio.

Howdy,
Well, I got one post to go through. Small steps are better than no steps.
We've been receiving orders at a near historic rate. Wth our whole crew at full bore, we can process about 700-800 a day. Like everything else it's double edged because the number of orders is above average the dollar amounts are well below average. So like everybody else we're working longer, and harder for the same buck. I'm certainly not complaining because I can appreciate the buck being there in the first place. The Woodland Crew (shipping and receiving) has been working weekends playing catch up. For right now it's our most efficient way to try and smooth out the ebb & flow.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
Sorry for the stop and go posts but, it's woorking for now.
I'm not the most computer savvy guy out there so I had to ask about the notifications. We have moved our server from Laytonville to Woodland in an attempt to decrese the auto response time for confirmations. Well, it did do what we thought it would but, now it doesn't want to talk to some people. The recent double notifications are coming from us trying to reset the server. We are currently trying to iron this out as soon as possible.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
Well, that one was close, got a runtime error at the end of that last post.
There is another thread running around about back orders. We look at every order for billing and material compatability. If everything looks good we release it. If there's a issue, we contact the customer for clarification.
So from Friday at 5:00 PM PST till Monday morning 8:00 AM PST no orders process. This means that in that time frame our inventory doesn't change. This is how we get our tit in the ringer with (for lack of better words) the possibility of over booking. This is why it might say in stock when you place the order but, we end up contacting people saying it's now out of stock. Normal procedure for our system is to hold the order until it's complete.

The only information that I can offer to is when you place the order online use the comments section to say don't hold my order till it's complete. If you call in the order, say the same thing to the agent you talk to. With this we can ship everything we have right away. You'll only get billed for items shipped and partial shipping for what we actually send. This way you'll know what's being shipped to you and what's on back order. This way you can decide whether to buy locally and cancel the back orders, or just wait for the back ordered items to ship.
Regards
Gregg

I ordered my stuff on 5/8 and got the email today that it is on it's way. That's pretty quick I think.

Rob

I wont be ordering from them again after trying to buy ripping chain that after a couple of weeks I finally was told that it was not in stock. I'd rather support my local shops and pay more to get the stuff faster.

That explains why I got a shipping email today for a chain I recieved 2 weeks ago.

Whatever, I'm still shopping there, Gregg did me a favor a couple years back and that earned my loyalty.

Howdy,
Well, I got one post to go through. Small steps are better than no steps.
We've been receiving orders at a near historic rate. Wth our whole crew at full bore, we can process about 700-800 a day. Like everything else it's double edged because the number of orders is above average the dollar amounts are well below average. So like everybody else we're working longer, and harder for the same buck. I'm certainly not complaining because I can appreciate the buck being there in the first place. The Woodland Crew (shipping and receiving) has been working weekends playing catch up. For right now it's our most efficient way to try and smooth out the ebb & flow.
Regards
Gregg

Gregg, the staff must have been working weekends for the last 12-18 months!

Then there is the high shipping cost and time on quotes due to the costs.

Back