BB Dolmar/Makita with a difference...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that doesn't make it 85 either... close enough I guess. :D

Nah mate...it's a BB EIGHTY FIVE hundred! :D

Don't expect anything too exciting Will. They are alot different to what I'm used to.
54mm opens up doors for a possible piston change. Will have to look into that.

I hear they like lots of blowdown? Too bad it has an offset combustion chamber, makes making a popup difficult.

Yeah I know. There is a guy in Australia who listed one as "genuine" which was a hit on another somewhat lame Australian chainsaw forum. A whole heap of gullible people responded about "WOW, how rare is that thing?" Blah blah blah. I was going to report him and then found out he had another "genuine 070" for sale. Outstanding! I made sure that my next post in that thread included the link to his SECOND genuine 070...
By the way, have you ever tried to report someone on eBay when you weren't the buyer of the item? Had me well and truly confused so I gave up.
He got AUD$1250 for a saw he would have landed for about AUD$450 or less.

Yeah, trying to report someone on ebay is rather complicated, I tried reporting one of these guys once and it turned out to be a big job. haven't done it since.
That poor guy paid $800 to much for that saw...

I hear they like lots of blowdown? Too bad it has an offset combustion chamber, makes making a popup difficult.

Yeah I reckon I could get around that with a rotary table.

Ya, I know. I could do it in my 4 Jaw, but its the finding of the center of the chamber that is hard?

Talk to Nik (Fatguy). He did a nice job on the pop up in my Makita with it being offset.

I see an Aussie vs. Canada battle coming up and a youtube fest.

Should be good :cheers:

837717884_LboVD-M.jpg

837718013_EP522-M.jpg

Yeah I reckon I could get around that with a rotary table.

Ya, I know. I could do it in my 4 Jaw, but its the finding of the center of the chamber that is hard?

Talk to Nik (Fatguy). He did a nice job on the pop up in my Makita with it being offset.

I see an Aussie vs. Canada battle coming up and a youtube fest.

Should be good :cheers:

And a video of both my ported Dolmar 7900 and the BB kit on the Makita. Apart from the 3 port muffler the Makita has just got the stock BB kit on it. The Dolmar has been ported with a dual port muffler on it. There is absolutely nothing in it at all and in the hands the actual BB kitted Makita feels faster.
The wood is pretty hard too and as you guys in the states can see in the vid, even with new Stihl RSC chain there is a lot of fine dust.
At the end the log started moving while the Makita was cutting but you'll get the idea. Only 2 1/2 tanks through the Makita at this stage and it's still pretty tight.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n75tQGdNOKk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Latest posts

Back