Best air filter ma 460.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn.54

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What is the best air filter system for dry and dusty wood some with rotten core. I’m cutting fire wood but it is mostly over 20-25”. Diameter and I get a lot of fine dust any suggestions on best filter.
Shawn

What is the best air filter system for dry and dusty wood some with rotten core. I’m cutting fire wood but it is mostly over 20-25”. Diameter and I get a lot of fine dust any suggestions on best filter.
Shawn
I 'm running a MS661 and I 've got the same problem. I have tried several prefiltres but nothing worked out till now.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H818 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNwt_JRTN5iccMnfhnTByAA

The 661 filter is terrible. Fines get around it. I don't think is seal tight enough. Save your saw and get MaxFlo filter. Amazing the difference.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I 've seen the max flow filter but I don't like the set up. That black cover makes me sick. Hehehe. If it would be possible to keep the oem cover it would bw great.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H818 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

One description of the max flow said I may need a different backing plate how do I know which I have before I order anyone have pics?
Shawn

There are two different air filters for the MS460.
One is the old wire mesh, part number 0000 120 1653, the other is the HD2 paper filter, part number 0000 140 4402. They can be swapped no problem, the only difference in fitment is the sponge prefilter going around them.
The HD2 filter is exactly the same that was originally developed for the GS461 demolition saw so it should be fine around wood dust as well.

98A07751-5E3A-4E0C-B8DF-3C6B9E9C3D40.jpeg
There are two different air filters for the MS460.
One is the old wire mesh, part number 0000 120 1653, the other is the HD2 paper filter, part number 0000 140 4402. They can be swapped no problem, the only difference in fitment is the sponge prefilter going around them.
The HD2 filter is exactly the same that was originally developed for the GS461 demolition saw so it should be fine around wood dust as well.
Mine is wire mesh with the felt pre filter band.
And looks like this with filter removed.
Shawn

The two air filters can be swapped around with no need to change anything else but the prefilter. That's the good news.
The bad news is the prefilter used with the HS2 filter is the very definition of "bloody expensive".

If you want to protect the saw innards max flow. If you're concerned about looks on a consumable tool and a shorter life is ok run oem

Latest posts

Back