Best chainsaw safety boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
? cost average the purchase price, plus rebuilds/resoles over the course of what-20 years. See what is expensive. Sneakers? WTF you buy sneakers with as much leather as the tongue of a hand-built? How about Kevlar socks? Heavy leather slows the chain faster than canvas or psuedo-leather all day long it does i'm tellin' you ask Normzilla four four.

My smokejumpers are custom built cuz I like the custom fit and cant stand black anything. They set you back about $500 bucks or so. I own two pairs. One is usually on my feet the other is drying on a peets boot dryer. Great boots but they aint ruby slippers. They don’t last any longer than any other boot I have used and they are not chainsaw proof. The 9oz leather may sound romantic in a medieval sort of way but it aint going to stop a chainsaw chain any better than a cotton sock. If you cut on the flats, you can do just as well with a pair of merrils. A few ounces off of your feet feels like many pounds off of your back.

I have Hoffman corked PAC boots. Rubber bottoms and leather top. Water proof and supportive. Also have a pair of summertime Hoffman leather corks. Fairly light but the same as the smokejumpers not much for protection. I also have two pairs of 16" tall wesco's one set is corked and the others for climbing. All wesco's are rebuild able and well worth the money.

The leather of the Nick's I've been wearing for 6 years have saved my feet from lots of serious cuts and lacerations. I'll take leather over cotton any day, because many if not most chainsaw cuts aren't at full power direct blows--they are glancing nips. I know nothing of flat lands.

And all the boot i wore before wore out in a couple of years or less. I killed my feet working on concrete--in Danners. I need the support on the hand-built PNW developed boot. And cannot compare cotton to leather on any level. Absurd.

My Nick's Hot Shots Woodland Firefighter LTT are custom built too--not black WTF?

My smokejumpers are custom built cuz I like the custom fit and cant stand black anything. They set you back about $500 bucks or so. I own two pairs. One is usually on my feet the other is drying on a peets boot dryer. Great boots but they aint ruby slippers. They don’t last any longer than any other boot I have used and they are not chainsaw proof. The 9oz leather may sound romantic in a medieval sort of way but it aint going to stop a chainsaw chain any better than a cotton sock. If you cut on the flats, you can do just as well with a pair of merrils. A few ounces off of your feet feels like many pounds off of your back.

Last edited:
I stumbled on a "Red Wing" brand shoe...Style 2244...With non metallic toe guard water proof, insulated, and electric shock hazard rated..THAT'S how they describe the shoe! That's it! But I pretty much threw away all the rest after wearing these. Sort of a jell sole with good arch support. I can walk in these..feet stay warm & dry. MOST important...comfortable to drive the snow plow. Trust me, in that application when you have to do the shuffle with you feet, better be good and can't afford clumsy big boots to bang around in the way...:mad2: They are a bit pricey, but not as compared to other good boots...around $125 range..

SO want a pair of those Husqvarna safety ..in red. The "red wing" size rating I have that works is "USA" ..on the box it has "UK 10.0", "EUR 44.4", and "CM 29.0" WHAT size of those Chainsaw Safety Boots that Jonsered should I be looking at with the liners?

I can not afford to put $300-500.00 into boots. Heck, I don't have that much in a single saw I own or my pick up! The last decent chainsawboots I got were Vikings, the lace up model. They've lasted me over 20 years now with just some Shoo Goo repair.

Back