Best Compliment for a 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't get the 2 saw combo thing, but then again who am I to discourage anyone from getting another saw.
I use one saw, from the stump all the way to lopping the top.
The 346 and 372 are both awesome though, modded of course.

Different kinda wood Jasha, the OP is over here in my country where the Oaks don't really get any shorter when you lay them on their side. :laugh:
If you walked the stem on one of our trees you'd get to cut for about 10 or 15 feet. ;)

Although I see that Josh says he's not doing much limbing I still say the 346 is what he wants.

Last edited:
Perhaps some #### will help you decide...

SUGIHARA.bmp

saw1.jpg

Scott

Different kinda wood Jasha, the OP is over here in my country where the Oaks don't really get any shorter when you lay them on their side. :laugh:
If you walked the stem on one of our trees you'd get to cut for about 10 or 15 feet. ;)

Although I see that Josh says he's not doing much limbing I still say the 346 is what he wants.

true, I guess the only way to find out is get one and hope I don't say "da**!, wish it was a touch bigger"

Think I'll head to the dealer at lunch! Leanin towards to 346 at this point. I may see if they've got a 346 loaner....they had a 372 loaner, never know.

true, I guess the only way to find out is get one and hope I don't say "da**!, wish it was a touch bigger"

Think I'll head to the dealer at lunch! Leanin towards to 346 at this point. I may see if they've got a 346 loaner....they had a 372 loaner, never know.

If not come on down and you can run mine. :cheers:

I have the 346/372 firewood combo. It's perfect for you're needs. I run a 20/24" bar and chain combo on the 372 and keep the 346 wearing an 18" bar and chain. I run primarily Stihl RSC chains also. I cut a ton of firewood as well as manage 102 acre woodlot I have. I really think you'd be doing well to go with the 346 for you're needs as you're pretty much doing exactly the same as myself. A lot of the wood I cut is frozen through the very harsh winter months up here and both saws handle it just fine. IMO it's a tough saw combo to beat.

That 346 will easily replace the that 290 and do it more nimble with a lot less weight. (I just did this all weekend this past weekend) I say go for it!

I have the 346/372 firewood combo. It's perfect for you're needs. I run a 20/24" bar and chain combo on the 372 and keep the 346 wearing an 18" bar and chain. I run primarily Stihl RSC chains also. I cut a ton of firewood as well as manage 102 acre woodlot I have. I really think you'd be doing well to go with the 346 for you're needs as you're pretty much doing exactly the same as myself. A lot of the wood I cut is frozen through the very harsh winter months up here and both saws handle it just fine. IMO it's a tough saw combo to beat.

That 346 will easily replace the that 290 and do it more nimble with a lot less weight. (I just did this all weekend this past weekend) I say go for it!

Great to hear, thanks man! Yeah I think getting a 20" bar for the 372 wouldn't be a bad idea (in addition to the 24" it already has)....and want an 18" bar for the 346.

I'm off to the dealer in ~15 min.

I thought you were a diehard Stihl-head! I don't remember a husky in your arsenal of Stihl's :)

Seriously though, thanks for the offer, I'll let you know!

I think a lot of folks would be bit surprised to see my saw line-up ;), but yeah your right the 346 is a new addition.... I feel so dirty. :laugh:

I think a lot of folks would be bit surprised to see my saw line-up ;), but yeah your right the 346 is a new addition.... I feel so dirty. :laugh:

Erick,

Send that 346 to me and your sins shall be washed away and you will be as clean as snow.

father joat

PS: The new 346 will keep my other two company.

Erick,

Send that 346 to me and your sins shall be washed away and you will be as clean as snow.

father joat

PS: The new 346 will keep my other two company.

I had thought about that Joat but it turns out I just don't have a box big enough to ship that thing in...... nope no box at all.... guess it's just gonna have to stay here. Man and I bet you really would have enjoyed that thing too. :D

It is kinda the Orange headed step child in the bunch though... it's gonna have to work hard from here on out so my favorite MS260 can sit back and take it easy for a while. ;)

I had thought about that Joat but it turns out I just don't have a box big enough to ship that thing in...... nope no box at all.... guess it's just gonna have to stay here. Man and I bet you really would have enjoyed that thing too. :D

It is kinda the Orange headed step child in the bunch though... it's gonna have to work hard from here on out so my favorite MS260 can sit back and take it easy for a while. ;)

Mr. Lost Soul, AKA Erick,

I'm going go the extra mile for you. If I have anything, it's boxes. I'll ship one to you straight away.

father joat

PS: Repent now for the Kingdom of Stihl is at hand.

Last edited:
Mr. Lost Soul, AKA Erick,

I'm going go the extra mile for you. If I have anything, it's boxes. I'll ship one to you straight away.

father joat

Thanks Joat you're a life saver.... I'll PM you my addy right away, you sit tight and wait on it okay. ;)

Well just got back from the dealer, I have a brand new 18" 346XP NE in the truck now.....................................

....that they're letting me try out/ demo :)

I'll cut with it tonight and see how I like it.

Latest posts

Back