Best fuel cans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the video, construction seems to be good quality. I'm just not a fan of the spout, still need to compress spout in a nice straight line to get it to pour without snapping off said spout, five gallons of fuel still has some decent weight to it. For now I'll just stick to my No-Spills, have five of them and several perfectly good older 'straight pours" the kind without any government intervention.

i still have several of the old vented cans for staring gas. i use a gallon jug for my mix engine tools

Attachments

• 20210316_100349.jpg
    20210316_100349.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
I like ones like this but, of course, they arent new ones.
18bfe64835bb4f54b48fcc75bb5668d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Any can is good if it closes tightly.

If it was made more recently than the 70s, you will probably have to drill something out to actually get gas out of it.

I was using one of those cans that I hadn't got around to modifying yet the other day, and I cannot fathom who decided that putting 50% of the gas on the ground next to the gas tank was more environmentally friendly than using an old fashioned gas can and putting it all in the gas tank. (Exxon, probably.)

i still have several of the old vented cans for staring gas. i use a gallon jug for my mix engine tools

I always assumed gas would eat an old vinegar jug or whatever. Not true?

I like ones like this but, of course, they arent new ones.
18bfe64835bb4f54b48fcc75bb5668d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
I have multiple of these in the 1 gal, 2 gal, and 5 gallon sizes. Besides pouring a bit slow for larger pours, they are the best IMO. Only thing I get more excited about vs a chainsaw find at a garage sales

This one is for the diesel generator, I keep 4 of em fuel and ready at all times. We were without power from a 3' snowstorm in 24 hrs last year. 8 days of running a generator, 4 days to dig out of my driveway.
I used to do that. Converted my gas generator to propane, doubt a diesel engine would burn propane well though.

I think the switch to propane derated my generator 20%, but I never have to rotate gas cans again (I used to fill the vehicles out of the gas cans, then go fill the gas cans... bleh. Propane's good until the tank rusts through as far as I can tell!)

(Hmm, why don't we have 4 stroke propane chainsaws? Could run them off of wood gas!)

Latest posts

Back