Best fuel cans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for the burner top, with round flame spreader, for my old Svea mountaineering stove. The brass one we all had in the sixties/seventies.
The Svea Optimus that sounds like a helicopter? If I'm not mistaken, you can still get parts for them. Check ebay.

Ah well, sadly that guy with the three aluminum jerry cans felt shipping is a PITA. But I found another more local guy with another jerry can for 5€ that I will pick up this week. So now I got two.

1653905564753.png

The no spill brand is really hard to beat for the money. I've had mine tipped at all angles and not leaked a drop that wasn't my own doing. They drain at a reasonable rate too.

I just bought a No-Spill. Bought a thirsty new saw, Tru-Fuel ain't going to cut it anymore, going to start mixing my own again. Need something smaller and easier to pour from than the NATO cans.
Get a 5L nato can. What u use for my mix gas, keep a old 5 gal can on stand by for mix, if I know I'm getting into a big project.

I just bought a No-Spill. Bought a thirsty new saw, Tru-Fuel ain't going to cut it anymore, going to start mixing my own again. Need something smaller and easier to pour from than the NATO cans.
What size? I have a few 5 gallon cans and a 2.5 gallon dedicated for my saws. It's a great set up for fueling small tanks. Soon as you let off the button no more fuel regardless of the cans position. You can literally hold the can upside down and not spill a drop. Feather the button for desired amount of fuel.

What size? I have a few 5 gallon cans and a 2.5 gallon dedicated for my saws. It's a great set up for fueling small tanks. Soon as you let off the button no more fuel regardless of the cans position. You can literally hold the can upside down and not spill a drop. Feather the button for desired amount of fuel.
2.5gal, should be plenty for anything I do. I've seen others use the No-Spill and was quite impressed.

This is what I use. The little adapter slips in the flexible end of the spout. Works pretty nice for the saws and trimmers.
Wavian Flexible Jerry Can Spout/Nozzle built to NATO Style European Military Spec https://a.co/d/5o9KkeG
Very similar to the spouts I have, just minus the adapter.

Back