Best limbing saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely NOT the best limbing saw , but sure a fun 1 saw all rounder - Dolmar PS-7900 ! :chainsaw:
Dropped, bucked and limbed this pear tree and two smaller ones with it, great fun! :rock:
But boy where my arms heavy that evening... :lol:
Pear Dolmar PS7900.JPG

If older saws are considered too - Sachs-Dolmar 105 top handle, great little 40cc saw. :)
Sachs-Dolmar 105.JPG
Sachs-Dolmar 105 - Dolmar PS6400.JPG

I could not find one of these locally when I was shopping. Would of liked to checked one out. Did you mood your 150 in amy way.

Muffler mod and ignition timing advance.

Mastermind only runs stock saws.....he don't believe in all that porting witchcraft and feels warm and cosey with a 150t.:p

I'm getting old. :laugh:

I use the 150 it just works the best for me
I looked it up, and Fort Smith, AR shops say it's Unavailable, period.
Since I live on the OK/AR border, I checked the Sallisaw, and Poteau , OK ., shops, and they have that tiny thing. I guess if I was making a living swinging in those monster trees all day long, I probably have one too.

We use the 150 when we cut firewood. You can hold a 18" stick in one hand, and mark the log with the saw in the other. Also, you can throw brush with one hand while running the saw with the other. It's that light.

We use the 150 when we cut firewood. You can hold a 18" stick in one hand, and mark the log with the saw in the other. Also, you can throw brush with one hand while running the saw with the other. It's that light.
Couldn't agree more Randy. What I like about them is you can fall with one hand and catch the tree with the other.

I've got a Jonsered 2051 that's is pretty awesome. Base gasket shaved down, they are oddly thick on this saw and will hit piston to cylinder without one. Bridge ports and the transfers raised back around stock height and exhaust opened up as well as the muffler. I should get a tach to see what's it's turning but it seems like a light saber with narrow kerf 16" in the small stuff. It also weighs next to nothing and has great spring AV.

Them one handed saws are excellent for cutting your other hand.

That is a fact. I don't recommend cutting with just one hand much. but since the 150 is so light, you can hold it in your hand while pitching brush with the other. In other words you ain't gotta set the saw down as often.

That is a fact. I don't recommend cutting with just one hand much. but since the 150 is so light, you can hold it in your hand while pitching brush with the other. In other words you ain't gotta set the saw down as often.
Absolutely. A freind of mine bought a new 192t and I told him u better keep both hands on the saw but instead he cut the hell out of his other hand. I have a top handle but have never used it, I'm sure I would b using it with one hand cause it's just to handy not to. That was also his first saw and I think the deal or should have recommended a different model.

I saw some pros (kinda) topping a big Spruce tree while climbing, cutting with one hand, pushing the top over with the other.

The tree was also leaning against an electrical wire, which did not seem to phase them. The workers were from South of the Border.

Latest posts

Back