Best limbing saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to limb with my 362 C also, it is smooth & fast, and you can get up to some decent size hardwood before you feel like picking up a larger saw. Most of the trees I cut have long trunks and limited tops.

On the softer hardwoods (Red Maple, Silver Maple, Tulip, etc) you can bury the 20" bar and it goes through it like paper mache. It lets you think the saw is an animal!

The trees I cut a2 foot bar is overkill, there's not any good timber left Round here and a 362 would b enough saw but for some insane reason I use ported 90cc plus saws, I guess it makes me feel like a stud to go home with my back screaming and my hands numb.

I saw some pros (kinda) topping a big Spruce tree while climbing, cutting with one hand, pushing the top over with the other.

The tree was also leaning against an electrical wire, which did not seem to phase them. The workers were from South of the Border.
Cut and throw baby!!! There is nothing like the feeling of a top handle with a sharp chain and 14k RPM screaming 6 inches from your throat while hanging from a rope 100ft in the air:rock:

Them one handed saws are excellent for cutting your other hand.
My mentor did exactly that a few years back. Last tree of the day, while up in the tree - he cut his hand right under the thumb. Luckily he managed to get down and was rushed to hospital.

A wicked 90cc saw is safer cause I guarantee your hanging on with both hands. most saw hands get careless with small saws cause they are used to big ones and that little one can't hurt me. I run big angry saws no matter what size wood,it's just safer. Again I say,small saws spook me.

Best way I've found for using a top handle one handed on the ground while cutting logs is keep it still, move the wood to the saw and keep the saw in one place.

Trouble starts when you start waving it around

Back