Best Size Stihl for Clear Cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freakingstang said:
The 260 is not a bad saw by any means, but after comparing it to others of the same class, it is apparent that there are better choices. ...
Yep, that's how it is - 18 years or so old sesign, :cheers:

Walker has bad thoughts on very many good saws, one being the 7900
The only bad thoughts I have had on the 7900 where based on the oiler problems I had and the lack of dealer/parts support. Both of these issues exist and are real.
attachment.php

I would argue that the 260 is actually a "bad" saw based on the fact its way over priced, it vibrates like crazy and it underperforms power wise.
346 or 5100 anyday of the weak over the boat anchor(ie260).

bwalker said:
The only saw I truly hate is the 260. Its that bad.
Wtih that said my good list of current production saws that I have ran consists of the 372,044/440,066/660,361(behind357), 357,346. Ones I dont care for are the 395,385,046/460, 029-039, 036/360.

The 260 is the only saw I truely love, so much for opinions huh and since I have ran 100 times more saws than you I guess my opinion holds more "weight" than yours,LOLOL

bwalker said:
Thall, never seen a Stihl he didnt like. Including the the 290.:hmm3grin2orange:

Haha. I knew you would say that now I get to sink a good in you at last. The 260 in your opinion is awful. Ok can you explain 18 years of great sales and why it has a reputation for lasting and being one of the most reliable saws out there, hmmm. See Ben everyone can't be wrong and your the only one right. Now swollow slowly and don't choke,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

bwalker said:
Go that right. or a 660 for that matter. I like saws that perfrom, regardless of brand. Course I aint selling them,lol.

I hear the 7900 performs very well but you got issues with that saw too, hmmmmmmmm Ben maybe its you, not the saws,LOL

bwalker said:
Thall, never seen a Stihl he didnt like. Including the the 290.:hmm3grin2orange:

290, great saw. Sell tons of those. Did you get a bad one Ben, if so GOOD,LOL

Latest posts

Back