Best Size Stihl for Clear Cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326 said:
... Ok can you explain 18 years of great sales ...
At least I can, it means an outdated design that sell on an outdated reputation, but as I said, I like it anyway (and the old 024AV)....:angel:

SawTroll said:
At least I can, it means an outdated design that sell on an outdated reputation, but as I said, I like it anyway (and the old 024AV)....:angel:

More with the outdated rhetoric. Just admit that you like it and get out of your Stihl denial syndrome. Before you said oddly I like it. You are sucking and blowing at the same time........physically impossible.........no sexual connotation implied BTW.

:laugh: :laugh:

SawTroll said:

I love the 024 too, got two of them. Outdated reputation, sorry, they still last and are still as reliable as any saw made, maybe alot more reliable than some,hehe. Ben judges all saws by how fast they cut and oil lines and nothing else, making him a poor judge of saws and quality and of course oil lines,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

bwalker said:
Arnie, dont you have some lazy bastad not doing his job to defend?
Brand loyalty is moronic.:deadhorse:

Brand loyalty is silly, must agree Ben. I just sent a Husky 261 out the door, just needed a sharpening. Not a bad little saw from what I could tell but the guys big saw is a Stihl. I had to ask him which one he liked best and he laffed and said we all make mistakes sometime, :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
Husky 261 is a dud - a seriously demoted EPA-version of the 262xp, but still better than a 61, as it is lighter......:blob2:

Well I'll be the first to admit I don't keep up with Husky saws, heck most all their models look alike to me. I thought it looked like a ok saw to me and thats my story and by Joe I'm sticking to it,haha

It is ok, but just that - not a power to weight champ.....

About comparable to Husky 359 and a bit shy of a MS341 (slightly more weight and less power)....

Last edited:
Ben did you like the 260 more before or after modification?

Fred

Back