Best smelling fuel oil (Least odor)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best oil would be one that didn't smell at all for several people have stated in this thread that their good smelling blend will make you sick if you are around too much of it like in running the saw all day.

The only one that bothers me is Stihl Ultra

Sent from my 562xp computer

Well to this man's senses, NITOMETHANE is the best smelling fuel. And the higher the percentage the better. Tip the can and run 95+ percent. But it does have a bit of a strong odor. Nothing a good respirator won't fix.

Racing gas has the next best odor.

My K2 is gone so i figured i'd buy some 927.....and I still think it STINKS (exhaust) its not a real strong smell but its not a pleasant smell lol.

Last edited:
My K2 is gone so i figured i'd buy some 927.....and I think it STINKS (exhaust) its not a real strong smell but its not a pleasant smell lol.

I'm really happy with K2. The exhaust doesn't burn my sinuses, and the smell left on my clothes isn't much stronger than straight gas.

I always liked the smell of Klotz Techniplate oil and used it for awhile in all my 2 stroke stuff, problem is, the place I bought it charges way too much for it and I got a good deal on a case of Stihl oil so I use it even though it smells lousy...

Instead of "smells the least" I prefer mix oil that smells the best... you can't beat that Klotz smell.

I thought the OP question was lady or customer related at first... (after I thought it was for fuel-oil as in number 2 home heating). If you're burning oil you are always gonna have some particulate in the air.

I used amsoil synthetic in my dirtbike and when I don't have klotz handy and it doesn't smell at all

I wonder if "Brut 33" has some lubricating properties?

I run amsoil interceptor. The place I get it doesn't have bigger bottles of the saber or I would run that. The tech info on the website says this about the interceptor "Its low-smoke, low-odor properties". I hate running the Stihl Ultra for it's smell. I ran a gallon and a half of Stihl Ultra mix through my 260 doing road clearing a few weeks back. At the end of the day I had the worst headache I have had in a while. Never had that issue with the Amsoil. Going to give the rest of the Stihl mix to my cousin and be done with it. Amsoil is all I plan on running from now on.

I'm really happy with K2. The exhaust doesn't burn my sinuses, and the smell left on my clothes isn't much stronger than straight gas.

I'm bumping this to see if you are still happy with the lack of odor from the maxima k2.

I am currently running Bel Ray, which smells like I imagine nuclear waste smells. My favorite oil (cause I really can't tell a performance difference) is the "low smoke" husky synthetic. Very non-obnoxious to stump with

Is this typical of all Belray oils? What Belray oil were you running?

I'm bumping this to see if you are still happy with the lack of odor from the maxima k2.
Yep, it's still treating my super-sensitive nose pretty well. I should probably get a strato saw to reduce emissions more, but I haven't done much cutting lately.

I started on some motul 800. So far it's better than the klotz for smell. I like the klotz smell for a little while but after a gallon of mix or more it gets a little rough.

I started on some motul 800. So far it's better than the klotz for smell. I like the klotz smell for a little while but after a gallon of mix or more it gets a little rough.

I like Motul 800 best, i keep trying something else and always end up going back with Motul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alert! Alert! Alert!

KenJax knows was jakewells ass smells like. :(

That is an automatic 90 days suspension of the man card. Please send it to me with a self address, stamped envelope so that I can return it to you at the beginning of June. ;)

mine smells like freshly picked roses, no no what i was saying was i didn't care for the smell as it irritated my nose :cry:

Back