Best sounding/loudest chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, loud does not equal good sounding.

For me, the sweetest sounding saw on the planet is the Solo Twin, as I already mentioned. The raciest sounding has to be a screaming, ported 372XP. The sweetest idle goes to either the 288 or 166. They sound quite similar, in my limited experience.

that's a good summation.

I'd have to say the loudest is a Husqvarna 3120XP. The muffler often rattles loose when running it on our Alpine Magnum grinders and it can be heard from half a mile away or more. I love the whistle of a Stihl 660 or 460

The Mac 10-10s sounds pretty good I think, what I think an "old timer" saw would sound like (unfortunately was buried in a flood, need to try and get it running again).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I'd have to say the loudest is a Husqvarna 3120XP. The muffler often rattles loose when running it on our Alpine Magnum grinders and it can be heard from half a mile away or more. I love the whistle of a Stihl 660 or 460
Don't know about the loudest or best sounding saw they all give me a headache am over saw's.. But have to agree on the whistle of a Stihl 066/660 (am talking Aussie spec) you get that sweet spot with the tune = high pitch whistle ha, that combined with a sharp chain ya be getting **** done! a true work saw without being the loudest or the fastest just a never say die saw nuff said really...

Loudest is a Homelite Super XL Automatic. Best sounding is my Pioneer P41. Very nice tones with that one.

Those super xls are loud and sound pretty good. Had one that I bought for my grandpa when someone stole his previous one then someone stole that one from me. If I ever got it back and found the guy that stole it I'd tie him to a tree and piss rev it next to his ears.

Latest posts

Back