Bid/Sales/Proposal forms

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Red

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any examples? I was thinking about this the other day and couldn't really draw an idea up in my head so I was curious how your guys' sales bidding process goes including what kind of form you give the ho, if any.

Thanks

most people here probably use quite complicated, duplicate forms. I'm a operating as an independent, or self sufficient arborist. Since I don not have to advertise to get enough work, my client base is 100% refferals. As a result of that, everything pretty much buids on earned trust. I use a single sheet of printed paper with the header for client's contact infor, a 1/3 section under it as a place for tree map. the lower half is a table with tree number, description of work to be done for that tree and a price. It worked for me well for the past 15 years. Erwin

Does anyone have any examples? I was thinking about this the other day and couldn't really draw an idea up in my head so I was curious how your guys' sales bidding process goes including what kind of form you give the ho, if any.

Thanks

If you are a member of TCIA they have some good ones on the members only site. Just fill in the blanks with your co's name and such and they are very professional looking and easy to fill out/read etc..... I use them, ran off 500 copies at the beginning of the year, have a few left! lol!:msp_thumbup:

This is what i use.

attachment.php

View attachment 252442

That's what I use.

I have 200 of them printed at a time. Each one has a grayscale carbon copy on the back. I like writing on a clip board and handing the client a physical piece of paper when I am there. I used to email them but I would get lazy and forget sometimes!

I am the same way now. I usually give them a copy when I am there, take a few minutes to total things up. Then I can explain and/or answer their questions on the spot. Still email some proposals when the people aren't there etc... I find I have gotten way more jobs when I give them an estimate on the spot.

Nice, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Got another question, if you pass flyers out what are some key things that you always make sure are on them? Or maybe what is your best marketing method? I have done searches and what not and I am sure its all the same thing but once in while there that idea that you forgot or something. :bang:

I don't recommend passing out fliers. It's not worth the effort. It's better when the customers come to you:cool2:

Get a free page on angies list or yelp and get some reviews on there. Quality peer reviews generate quality customers. Service magic is good too from what I hear.

What do you guys usually have or use for a info take in sheet to use if you were on the phone or something, not at the HO property and its an initial call.

I use a Kindle Fire to take notes and it works out great. 200 bucks. I used to use a little notebook but it would always end up getting lost or destroyed. I have had the Kindle since June and it has still survived.

Ipad is probably better because they are easier to type with. They cost twice as much.

I use a Kindle Fire to take notes and it works out great. 200 bucks. I used to use a little notebook but it would always end up getting lost or destroyed. I have had the Kindle since June and it has still survived.

Ipad is probably better because they are easier to type with. They cost twice as much.

That is almost not a terrible idea, I will think about it. Just looking for a way to be more and thorough and efficient this would help.

This is what i use. Took me a while to weed through a couple different variations i made but this is my go to now.
I have used it all year. Agree with Deevo since i have written up proposals on the spot, 5 times out of 10 they sign it and ask "when can you start".
Only thing i need to do now is have carbon copy's made. As of now i use an app on my iphone called genius scan. Write it out, scan it with my phone, and
give the customer the written copy. Works ok.

i use bid/proposal straight from office depot same with receipts and still write out everything that i can seems to work just fine

If you are a member of TCIA they have some good ones on the members only site. Just fill in the blanks with your co's name and such and they are very professional looking and easy to fill out/read etc..... I use them, ran off 500 copies at the beginning of the year, have a few left! lol!:msp_thumbup:

Couldn't find these, I assume they are under Resources - Business Resources?

We don't do anything without signed authorization. So we do quotes on carbon forms. If the HO signs a go ahead, they have a signed copy we have a signed copy. If I leave a copy of the quote, we usually ask for an email (or fax) authorization. Also if I leave a quote, I will always have a copy if the HO calls in 3 months with questions about the quote, I'll have something to refer to.

I'll send out email quotes for larger projects, usually to property managers.

Back