Big Beaver ReTREEver Anybody know anything??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creech&Woody

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this new machine. Its called the Big Beaver Retreever. The only thing Ive seen about is the ad below that is in the new TCI Mag. I tried going to there site but all I get is an adult site. Ive tried calling them and no one picks up. Talk about great customer service. Anyways just wanted to know if anybody knows anything.

beavereg9.jpg

LMAO what'll they think of next ,this looks like a good machine,,LOOKS ,but I would want to try one out just for kicks.

was gonna post this the other day.....

only think that scares be would be flippin it......

ive had some tops spin usin the crane and would think would be prob with no give......

would need to be HEAVY i would think.

Theres no reach! Its basically a lullwith outriggers. Look at the picture he has 2 sticks out, maybe 40' of total straight reach! How much of a butt log can it handle?

I am interested to see the videos at TCI expo.

Been interested in this thing since I got this months TCIA. You try to go to their website and it takes you to some ????. Love the idea. Sit in the cab and not even leave the ground and do a removal. Brilliant! I will consider buying one if they offer it in atleast 100' reach.

Another product that looks even more interesting to me is on page 3 of Tree Services magazine(Oct issue). Same concept as the Beever Retreever. It is a delimber/topping shear that mounts on the end of a telescoping crane. I do not have a crane currently, but will buy one if I can sit on the ground and reach out 130' and pick apart a tree from the ground. The increased production will easily pay for itself.

Definitely 2 cutting edge products that have the potential to change the tree industry dramatically.

Last edited:
The one shown is about 67 ft. reach about $295.000. A longer reach version of about 85ft. and no cost available as of Oct. 15, 2007 . Under development.I got this information from their N.C. offices on Monday over the phone.:clap:

I have a corrected phone no. 252-473-2254 . Also their website is not totally up & running yet ! Just looking at a brand new 25 Ton 146 Ft jib Truck Crane at a comparison price of $149,000 . Deal or no deal ?:cheers:

I Just looking at a brand new 25 Ton 146 Ft jib Truck Crane at a comparison price of $149,000 . Deal or no deal ?:cheers:

If you can mount the product I posted about above to it I would say that this is the better way to go. Hardwood Equipment DT18 Delimber/Shear I can not find out any other info except "Circle 425 on the Card" Waiting on some literature currently.

The one shown is about 67 ft. reach about $295.000. A longer reach version of about 85ft. and no cost available as of Oct. 15, 2007 . Under development.I got this information from their N.C. offices on Monday over the phone.:clap:

295K?? I doubt they will sell many at all.

Theres no reach! Its basically a lullwith outriggers. Look at the picture he has 2 sticks out, maybe 40' of total straight reach! How much of a butt log can it handle?

I am interested to see the videos at TCI expo.

There is a reach! The first machine they are comming out with reaches 68ft. and that doesn't mean that's how high the tree can be. The next one reaches 82ft. Website is www.bigbeaverretreever.net

If you can mount the product I posted about above to it I would say that this is the better way to go. Hardwood Equipment DT18 Delimber/Shear I can not find out any other info except "Circle 425 on the Card" Waiting on some literature currently.

I would say NO DEAL! You have to take risks with peoples life, houses, etc. they don't!

the show is 5 minutes from my house.

so i'll check it out and let you know what i think.

looks like it takes all the fun out of the job though.

I can see it for front yards, large properties and lot clearings.

It is basically a tree shear on a high lift (since Lull is a make ;))

Assuming it is designed to stay upright, the drawbacks I see are;
  • driving on landscaped property
  • tight backyards
  • well landscaped and multi treed yards
  • overhead utilities

It may take the place of a bucket in many instances, but you need a truck and trailer to haul it, and the trailer is not going to be cheap.

SO using a SWAG estimate of cost you would be in for 175k to get the thing rolling to a job. So to pay for it you would need to be doing 1500 a week with it before insurance and maintenance is in the budget.

This thing looks a lot like trex or conex mover which they use in ports to move in ports. I have used one of those over seas in the dessert on sort of soft soil. On the soft soil and the weight of what ever I was moving I took a 8D cat to extract the heavy monster. Just think about the amount of counter balance that it has to have to keep it up right when it is moving something so heavy as a tree top. I can believe it would work for removing a large tree on ground that was not at all maintained. Also think of the money involved to operate. Sounds like a huge purchase for possibly not a lot of gain.
Jared

I can see it for front yards, large properties and lot clearings.

It is basically a tree shear on a high lift (since Lull is a make ;))

Assuming it is designed to stay upright, the drawbacks I see are;
  • driving on landscaped property
  • tight backyards
  • well landscaped and multi treed yards
  • overhead utilities

It may take the place of a bucket in many instances, but you need a truck and trailer to haul it, and the trailer is not going to be cheap.

SO using a SWAG estimate of cost you would be in for 175k to get the thing rolling to a job. So to pay for it you would need to be doing 1500 a week with it before insurance and maintenance is in the budget.

You obviously know nothing about the machine. The machine is way more than a tree shear on a high lift. Go to the website www.bigbeaverretreever.net and check it out. They even have a video that you can watch, once you request a ussername and password. They said they are going to the tree expo in CT, I will see them there. Very excited!

Looks similiar to something I concieved of many years ago. However, in the end I didnt have the money to even think about doing anything with the idea. This is quite different in someways still. Reminds me of a fellerbuncher, just it reaches up and takes it the tree in sections instead.

needing a password to see their video is pretty dumb!

a lot of folks will not go to trouble of registering... just to see a video
maybe they think potential customers all have to be really interested before seeing how it works...

You obviously know nothing about the machine. The machine is way more than a tree shear on a high lift. Go to the website www.bigbeaverretreever.net and check it out. They even have a video that you can watch, once you request a ussername and password. They said they are going to the tree expo in CT, I will see them there. Very excited!

Last edited:
needing a password to see their video is pretty dumb!

a lot of folks will not go to trouble of registering... just to see a video
maybe they think potential customers all have to be really interested before seeing how it works...

They seem to want to get your info first, so they can send you more info...wether you like the video or not...

But i agree, having a password, i a pain...i wanted to watch it but not bad enough...i guess.

Still a cool idea.

Can some buddy report back on the machine...who sees at the TCIA convention???

Not trying to high jack the thread...but wondering what its like in person.

Editing is an amazing thing...lol

What about one of those new (remote controlled limb grapples mounted ) to the hook on a brand new 25 ton truck crane. 146 ft. of reach , remote grapple & a price of under $165,000. Food for thought .

Latest posts

Back