Big Bore Kit for my 044?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How much more will I really gain from one of those Big Bore kits if i throw it on my 044? I'm sure I'll need to play with the carb too...? Anyone ever play with one?

Urban: i will be posting a video of a woods port big bore 044 tomorow. i just got done with the bulk of the work, just final assembly needing to be done. too late here to run any saws. i have a video up on my website of another woods port 044 big bore. they mod up beautiful. you will have to reset the carb with any changes. that includes cyl change, muffler mods, ring change, mod work. the big bore kits do give a nice power gain, but modified they really come to life!

I think someone needs to do a stock to BB timed difference. All other variables the same... Same wood, chain, etc. Then throw the woods port in there to mix everything up. You phone will be ringin off the hook.

Don't get me wrong Ben, i'm sure your woods port BB's run great, but having solid proof on film is more hard evidence for a potential buyer.

The DR. lol

back when they came out and i worked for Dean, we did a bunch of tests om the BB kit, that included a stock kit. i will try to search through his forum for the times.

Latest posts

Back