Brand new 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mv7fd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have the chance to buy a brand new still in the box never opened 044 with the warming handle what would be the value on that the guy is asking 600 out the door for it

Why is thaf

I was just being me. Sometimes it works, and sometimes, not so much. I was just joking.

Get your wallet out and buy that saw! :clap:

BTW.......you will be required to post a picture of the saw if you buy it. That rule applies to everyone on this forum, cept for me.

Lol i'll end up buying it for sure is the warming handle make it any more valuable

Lol i'll end up buying it for sure is the warming handle make it any more valuable

I've never felt the need for heated handles on a chainsaw. I have a 2003 BMW R1150RT motorcycle. It has a two-position switch (hi-lo) for heating the grips. I've never switched them on as of yet, so I don't even know if they work.

But yes, heated handles on chainsaws usually bring more money.

Well that's pretty good. Did the warming handle really work

Well the warming handle is battery operated and since the 044 was made in 1988 i doubt the batteries still have a charge. Unfortunately they are not rechargeable. Also back in 1988 the pull cord was made of catgut so it is now far too brittle to turn over. ...

:)

I thought it was run off a generator underneath the flywheel. And he is a stihl dealer he has to warranty it.

Well the warming handle is battery operated and since the 044 was made in 1988 i doubt the batteries still have a charge. Unfortunately they are not rechargeable. Also back in 1988 the pull cord was made of catgut so it is now far too brittle to turn over. ...

:)

Battery operated? :confused:

I thought they were powered by the magneto.

They aren't battery operated. I have a 461 already and I was looking at buying a new 261 but an 044 for 600 bucks I can't beat it

Latest posts

Back