Broke the new 550XP in tonight!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewood Fanatic

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I broke the brand new 550XP in tonight, what a blast!! The little bugger cuts like crazy, and the 18" bar is the perfect siz and balance for the saw's size. It is a 2013 model with the new flip caps(I like em'), and latest software updates. It was really cool listening to the saw dial itself in. I found a 16" cedar to cut into that was left from logging. The first few cookies I cut you could here it was running really rich, quite a bit of smoke and low rpm in the cut. After I got to the fourth of fifth cut you could here it tune itself right in, just ripping through that cedar tree!! I definitely made the right choice for my smaller saw, and thanks to the guys who helped me here. I likely would have got the 20" bar without the advice I received here. The saw is perfectly balanced with the 18" bar, and I can't believe how fast this saw cuts for it's small size!!:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

I broke the brand new 550XP in tonight, what a blast!! The little bugger cuts like crazy, and the 18" bar is the perfect siz and balance for the saw's size. It is a 2013 model with the new flip caps(I like em'), and latest software updates. It was really cool listening to the saw dial itself in. I found a 16" cedar to cut into that was left from logging. The first few cookies I cut you could here it was running really rich, quite a bit of smoke and low rpm in the cut. After I got to the fourth of fifth cut you could here it tune itself right in, just ripping through that cedar tree!! I definitely made the right choice for my smaller saw, and thanks to the guys who helped me here. I likely would have got the 20" bar without the advice I received here. The saw is perfectly balanced with the 18" bar, and I can't believe how fast this saw cuts for it's small size!!:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Good Luck with your new saw, I've heard good things about that one. It is always nice when something new exceeds your expectations!

I really like mine and never any trouble

Just wait till you have a few tanks through it, then it really starts to shine. Congrats on the saw, enjoy it!!

Hey I still love the 346 and who knows if the 550 will last like a 346. One thing i'll say is the 550 with a muffler mod wakes up big time!

The fuel consumption is unbelievable too. I ran it for 1/2 hr breaking it in and it looked like it was near full still. My "simonized" 372 would have used 3/4 of a tank!! It also would have bucked a cord of wood in 1/2 hr though!!

Now you need a Sugi
tuhuvy6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do you have to update the software? I have a 545 same saw pretty much and was wondering if I should take it to the dealer like once a year or what?

Latest posts

Back