Broke the new 550XP in tonight!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke the brand new 550XP in tonight, what a blast!! The little bugger cuts like crazy, and the 18" bar is the perfect siz and balance for the saw's size. ....The saw is perfectly balanced with the 18" bar, and I can't believe how fast this saw cuts for it's small size!!:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:
Congrats!! :)

I put an 18" on mine tonight and it cuts nice. I will try the 16" bar in a few days just to compare.

Question for ya: Did you try to adjust your oiler screw yet? Does it move more than a 1/4 turn? Mine does not.

I put an 18" on mine tonight and it cuts nice. I will try the 16" bar in a few days just to compare.

Question for ya: Did you try to adjust your oiler screw yet? Does it move more than a 1/4 turn? Mine does not.

That sounds about right, take a peek in the operator manual - some times it helps.....

I like the Cannon's and Tsumuras', best thing is Cannon's are made in my province, and the Tsumura Canadian dealer is a cpl hours from my house.
Now you need a Sugi
tuhuvy6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't adjusted it yet, but the manual says there are only 3 setting, low, medium, high.

How often do you have to update the software? I have a 545 same saw pretty much and was wondering if I should take it to the dealer like once a year or what?

No regular intervals. But if Husky has one available, then you could have it done to your saw. Most recent software update package was this past October. I didn't even know it until this past week when trying to program a 550 carb on a saw that got crunched, and had to go to the mother site and get the latest stuff as I was uable program the new carb at all.

This was due in part to the fact that I had the AT-1A updated carb, not the original AT-1. This carb has been used on all 545/550/2252/2253 saws since week 19 of last year, and supercedes the original if you order one. Starting/acceleration when cold is much improved. One way to see which one you have is that "secret little screw" is covered by a brass welch plug on the 1A. But with these new carbs you don't need to mess with it anyway.

I set up five 550's yesterday for a county highway department and they were all pretty lively right out of the box; more than on the earlier ones. Is it worth updating an older saw? Generally I'd say no. But if you have one that takes a while to wake up then go for it. I'm going to do one on my own 550 just for the sake of comparison, but it's not a must have situation.

No regular intervals. But if Husky has one available, then you could have it done to your saw. Most recent software update package was this past October. I didn't even know it until this past week when trying to program a 550 carb on a saw that got crunched, and had to go to the mother site and get the latest stuff as I was uable program the new carb at all.

This was due in part to the fact that I had the AT-1A updated carb, not the original AT-1. This carb has been used on all 545/550/2252/2253 saws since week 19 of last year, and supercedes the original if you order one. Starting/acceleration when cold is much improved. One way to see which one you have is that "secret little screw" is covered by a brass welch plug on the 1A. But with these new carbs you don't need to mess with it anyway.

I set up five 550's yesterday for a county highway department and they were all pretty lively right out of the box; more than on the earlier ones. Is it worth updating an older saw? Generally I'd say no. But if you have one that takes a while to wake up then go for it. I'm going to do one on my own 550 just for the sake of comparison, but it's not a must have situation.

Ok, cool I knew I could count on one of the dealers here to tell me. My 545 is the 39th week of 2013 and she re-tunes in about a minute if something big changes like the darn air temp can go from 70 to 40 in a day. The saw handles it great. Purge x3-5, choke on, pull one (burp), choke off pull two and shes running. I let it idle about 15 seconds and blip the trigger a little bit till it adjust and im ready to go all under 1 minute! Nice saw for the money!

That's great info, I am going to have to check what week mine is.

I like the Cannon's and Tsumuras', best thing is Cannon's are made in my province, and the Tsumura Canadian dealer is a cpl hours from my house.

The 16 and 18 inch Tsumura light bars are now finished, but in Japan, waiting for a boat then 2 weeks etc, so by end of the month I should have them here. I already have the 20 inch in small mount. Will also have regular mount in 20" and larger.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back