Building the perfect rope bage...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hobby climber said:
They sell for $25.00(Canadian funds) + pack envelope + shipping. It works out to $39.25 total to your door for one OR $67.48 for two in the same envelope. BTW, the price of shipping sucks with anything being sent outside of Canada but from the feedback I'm getting tells me the bags are worth every penny! PM me once your ready to order and I'll put you on the list. First come first served ya know. ;)
I'll have a price for the mesh bags in the new year, it'll be reasonable! HC
will do my man! :cheers: i'm in BC Canada so not too concerned about shipping costs. Might even PM ya before christmas, depending on the ol paycheck!

:rock:

Last edited:
Pigwot,

I couldn't get to Baltimore this year but I do have two of those spring leaf bags. Think I payed $19.00 for two. The thought of making something like that as a rope bag crossed my mind a few years ago. Problem was that its made of tarp material and if you lay anything on it or bend the spring etc, its no longer works. For a quick fix it might be OK but I just use mine for leaves!

The bags I make have NO metal or plastic stiffeners in them to hold them upright. Its all in the design and combinations on fabrics & stitching!

Woodchux,

A hybrid bag of mesh & fabric eh! It could be done but why? The new mesh bags have a solid bottom and a 1" side up from the bottom. This keeps out any dirt as the bags sits upright, plus allows water & moisture out through the mesh. Any damp rope would be taken care of with air circulating via the mesh also. Best of all, you can now identify the rope in your bag just by looking at it and no more opening up each bag to see what rope is in it!

A hybrid bag can be made but IMO, would cost a little to much to be practical and after all...isn't that what it's all about!!! Pockets on the sides...well...I don't care for them myself. I just toss whatever I need on top the rope inside the bag! (better protected & secure from falling out). Practical eh!

;) HC

Latest posts

Back