Campfire Chainsaw Stories

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCulloch1-52

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Nothing to do with chainsaws in this example some people bought a cabin they are hauling wood from a wood pile and seen something metal under the wood pile turn out to be a boat motor from 1905.

But here is one of my stories we went out to my dads land and need to do some cutting my dad saw was a 029 stihl and ms 170they always start but they did not start when we got home they started that was odd.

So tell your stories it in be any kind long as they have a chainsaw in story I'm leaning towards true stories something you heard
or what happened to you like found a old homelite zip in a dark basement in a old house or attic, tree so tell them.

:popcorn:

On the road that I grew up on in an inland coastal valley of northern california there was a landmark known among the neighbors there as the wood cutter's cabin. Some people say they remember playing in it as a kid. But by the 1950s there was probably nothing left of. In the canyon where this is located you can see the old stumps that this guy fell. The stumps are all rotted out but the hole that he notched for his springboard can still be seen. The woodcutter worked with a mule, his trails can still be seen on the contours of the hills. He worked the doug fir into fire wood and hauled it out by mule to the railroad where it went to San Francisco for firewood. When I was a child my dad and I were exploring the site of the cabin in hopes of finding an old bottle or something. I remember my dad picked up the sole of an old boot just long enough to show it to me then he chucked into the bushes never to be seen again. I have been back to look for that shoe but I cannot find it to this day. My old man valued an old bottle, but not the shoe off the woodcutters foot. Oh well.

Somebody has got to keep this thread going.:biggrin:

Back