Can I get someone to ship a 241 cm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundup

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have an Aunt who will be visiting Germany, she is originally from there, and will be visting family. I want a 241 cm, would she be able to ship it to me when she is there?

What would it cost? Saw and shipping, thanks for the help.

If I can get it I promise to post pics

May be a dumb question but could she just check it and bring it back with her?

Cheapest I have found is honeybros but you may be able t find it cheaper. IIRC it was $600ish US.

I assume you won't like European chainsaw prices, as seen from this side of the pond the saws are basically free in the US...

I assume you won't like European chainsaw prices, as seen from this side of the pond the saws are basically free in the US...

Yes, but it's not just saws ;)

Seriously though, get her to bring it back in hold luggage. Most grandmothers don't have that much crap to cart around and the airline won't have a problem if it's never been fuel. If it has just don't tell them it's there. That's how I brought my 056AVS to Australia from the UK, just drained it well and had no dramas...

May be a dumb question but could she just check it and bring it back with her?

Cheapest I have found is honeybros but you may be able t find it cheaper. IIRC it was $600ish US.

Yeah she could, I didn't think about that. I guess I should just check with the airline before she goes to make sure they are okay with it.

I knew the price would be high, but at this rate I don't think we will ever see the 241 in the US

What makes the prices so much higher overseas?

We're willing to pay that much for them. :)

As for shipping, im sending a 070 to US tomorrow. From here its gonna cost me bout $90 :help: But its a size larger then the 241, i made a wooden box for it and its gonna be just under 20kg (hopefully [40lbs]), insured and priority.... If its new (don't let em fuel it up and test it for you) shouldn't be a prob.

BTW, the 241 costs bout $900 here. You're prolly lookin at $800 if you look for a deal in Germany. You sure you want one? :)

Last edited:
We're willing to pay that much for them. :)

As for shipping, im sending a 070 to US tomorrow. From here its gonna cost me bout $90 :help: But its a size larger then the 241, i made a wooden box for it and its gonna be just under 20kg (hopefully [40lbs]), insured and priority.... If its new (don't let em fuel it up and test it for you) shouldn't be a prob.

BTW, the 241 costs bout $900 here. You're prolly lookin at $800 if you look for a deal in Germany. You sure you want one? :)

$800!!!!!!! Are you serious? I am not paying that for one, is that a realistic price? If that is the case I will start looking for something else in the same category.

I was thinking more around 600 and was not real happy about that.

RRP in Aus is $1100, based on a trend on sticker prices at an AG field day, could have got it for a bit under $1k.

And price difference will be due to volumes and local distributors aiming to make their money on a small unit volume from a cost that's probably the same as US wholesale?

$800!!!!!!! Are you serious? I am not paying that for one, is that a realistic price? If that is the case I will start looking for something else in the same category.

No not $ 800,00 but 789,00 € that is over 1000.00 US!

OUCH!!!

As a German, I can tell you for sure that it makes no sense to buy new saws over there and ship them to the States...even if the 241 would cook an bake :msp_thumbup:

Get a nice Stihl here in the US, or a Husky...I am still thinking about buying a 395 XP as long as I live here in CA :confused2:

Last edited:

Same in Greece.

MS 241 C-M, PS3, with 35cm bar: 689,00 €* = 903.55$

MS 241 C-M, PS3, with 40cm bar: 695,00 €* = 911.42$

MS 241 C-M, PS3, with 45cm bar:699,00 €* = 916.67$

Do you still want to buy one?I don't think it is worth the money IMO.

If the saw has ever had fuel or oil and she says it never had and they find out otherwise... its a felony. Won't see your grandma for a long time, it would be considered a bomb. Just bringing it into the airport is enough to get arrested.

I wasn't joking! :msp_wink:

If you still want to get one, and your aunt is close to the border of the Netherlands or Belgium, she can cross the border to get one. The price is €764 with 35cm. Drop the bar and chain, get a 5% discount on top and that's around as far as you could go. Shipping is too expensive or takes ages imo, taking it back with her would be the way to go.

I wasn't joking! :msp_wink:

Clearly!

Looks like I will not be getting a 241 anytime soon.

It's just my 026 is on the fritz and I need a saw to replace it. It will not start unless I dump gas in the carb. It runs fine after that, but I think it is a sign of a bigger problem.

I love my mtronic 441 and want a saw with the computerized carb but in a smaller size and there really are not any options at this point.

Is Husky going to be making one any anytime soon? I am not brand loyal and have just stuck with Stihl for simplicity, but will consider other options.

I though about a new 261 as I have liked the ones i have ran, but hear here that the Husky alternative is better overall.

Last edited:
As i can see the cheapest is in Greece.I couldn't believe that Greek Stihl dealer would have something cheaper than anywhere else.

Clearly!

Looks like I will not be getting a 241 anytime soon.

It's just my 026 is on the fritz and I need a saw to replace it. It will not start unless I dump gas in the carb. It runs fine after that, but I think it is a sign of a bigger problem.

I love my mtronic 441 and want a saw with the computerized carb but in a smaller size and there really are not any options at this point.

Is Husky going to be making one any anytime soon? I am not brand loyal and have just stuck with Stihl for simplicity, but will consider other options.

I though about a new 261 as I have liked the ones i have ran, but hear here that the Husky alternative is better overall.

The Husky 550xp isn't that much heavier than the MS241, and obviously a better option than the MS261 in several ways.

The lighter/smaller 543xp doesn't have the Autotune (at least so far), but it is lighter than the MS241. It isn't out in the US yet.

Back