Can't seem to find a chain for echo cs-590, 18 inch bar. Can anyone help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spruce488

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Recently picked up a cs-590. I'm beginning to regret getting the 18 bar. It calls for an 3/8 pitch, .50 gauge, 64 drive link chain. I'm looking w for a semi chisel chain and finding one with 64 links seems damn near impossible. Any suggestions on where to get one, or do I need a whole new bar with more common specs ?

Nice. I didn't think of that, thanks. I did see custom link sized chains on baileys website, But would rather not wait for shipping.

How is bailey's, anyway?

If your wanting semi chisel, Ive got some of the original Homelite/John Deere American Made Sabre semi chisel 880 chain. 3/8 x .050. You will need to be certain of your drive link count for that 18in bar. An Echo 20 inch bar I know to be 70dl, but an 18 in bar for that model Im not sure. Ive also got an older 20in used Oregon bar to fit the Echo if you want to give that a go? If your interested, send me a Private Message and we can go from there.

if you have a dolmar dealer there they should have that chain in stock, same thing on there 18" bars.
Recently picked up a cs-590. I'm beginning to regret getting the 18 bar. It calls for an 3/8 pitch, .50 gauge, 64 drive link chain. I'm looking w for a semi chisel chain and finding one with 64 links seems damn near impossible. Any suggestions on where to get one, or do I need a whole new bar with more common specs ?

Chain prices have gone up, $20 is around what I pay locally, most dealers are around $25 for a 72dl RS chain these days.
Normal prices for me.What I might add is getting right away 2-4 spare chains. That way you can easily rotate and have enough at hand for the next years. I usually have 3-5 chains per bar length at hand.

Back