Carbon Analysis On Piston Crown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being an amsoil dealer and getting way to far into oil analysis then what is healthy. Your oil might have alot of non-combustable additives in it. 32:1 is also a little excessive I might go to 40:1. I run amsoil saber (I wonder why) at 50:1 they recomend 100:1 on the bottle and I have seen it done very successfully but im still not going to do it.

Yes. Maybe not as much, but still the same kind of carbon formation.

Shell Premium Unleaded.

I removed it right away.

No signs of heat on the bottom side

I think I like that idea, although I may cheat and go to 40:1.

I see that on the bottom of the intake skirt on nearly every saw I tear apart. Matter of fact, this is less than normal. Not an issue, IMHO.

For the most part. Always Premium Unleaded.
then you won't know the culprit....You were running 40:1 till last year, how were they then?

I don't know about the gasoline in Ohio, but all Shell gas here in Tennessee has 10% ethanol in it. Is that the case there? I get all my gas from a local store that sells a "no name" fuel...100% gasoline. I for one have no love for alcohol, ie water in my gas. I also have no idea about what happens when additives, ethanol, and 2 stroke oils are mixed. I will watch this thread closely to learn more about what's happening here. That much carbon in that short of time is cause for concern IMHO.

Ok, I'll bite....

Why 32:1??? I don't even run that in my Lawnboy...

All current saw manufactures say 50:1, especially running synthetic, your not milling, so why??

:cheers:
Mike

Like stihl boy said try super techniplate, you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner. I run my equipment at 16:1 and don't have carbon build up like that.

James

845100310_Z5s5Q-L.jpg

845100261_oaXew-L.jpg

845100078_mmd4q-L.jpg

845100031_QsLYj-L.jpg

Back