Chain saw stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A local guy had his chain saws stolen. He had problems before and put up a camera.

Camera shows guys in his driveway along with their pickup.

Within an hour they are at a local saw shop trying to sell the saws. All caught on video.

They went across the state line to sell the saws.

Police ID'd them and now say they don't have enough evidence to arrest.

Call the FBI. Well, that probably won't work but technically transporting stolen goods across a state line makes it a federal crime. Does the victim know their identity? Maybe he and his cousins Luigi and Guido can go break some knee caps or something.

Did he get the saws back, i buy alot of saws on cl, pm the info on the saws and i will keep my eyes out for them, if i get ahold of them i will dig the hole and you and your friend can fill it in. that sucks!!!!!:msp_mad:

I know a guy who had something very similar happen to him, including the lack of followup by the supposed authorities and IDing the perpetrators, so he went to one of their houses in the middle of the night and drained the oil out of the thief's truck. The guy was well-known as a serial thief, and being that it's a very small community out here, people always know where he's at, and since then, no one has citing him as taking anything from anyone. I'm not suggesting anything here, just citing a potential outcome from a similar experience.

Sure would be embarrasing to the police if the local TV station or newspaper picked up the story.:msp_wink:

Sure would be embarrasing to the police if the local TV station or newspaper picked up the story.:msp_wink:

Send the video footage to a hungry reporter along with the story and I'm willing to bet the local constabulary and powers that be would change their views right quick.

Unlike here, my understanding is that sheriffs and prosecutors in the US are elected.

Send the video footage to a hungry reporter along with the story and I'm willing to bet the local constabulary and powers that be would change their views right quick.

Unlike here, my understanding is that sheriffs and prosecutors in the US are elected.
If nothing else it will shame those on the video tape. Not the sentence they should receive, but better than nothing.

I like the draining the oil idea. Or go steal some stuff from the officers, get caught on camera and go sell it out of state to someone with security cameras.

whats not to love about lars.:msp_razz: pdx chan 2 love doing that sort of thing. thats must be fustraiting to be victemized and get blown off by lawenforcment. my place i don't worry to much about it . hell i leave the keys in my rig. so come on by and try your luck.;)

A local guy had his chain saws stolen. He had problems before and put up a camera.

Camera shows guys in his driveway along with their pickup.

Within an hour they are at a local saw shop trying to sell the saws. All caught on video.

They went across the state line to sell the saws.

Police ID'd them and now say they don't have enough evidence to arrest.
Press charges your self!

I know a guy who had something very similar happen to him, including the lack of followup by the supposed authorities and IDing the perpetrators, so he went to one of their houses in the middle of the night and drained the oil out of the thief's truck. The guy was well-known as a serial thief, and being that it's a very small community out here, people always know where he's at, and since then, no one has citing him as taking anything from anyone. I'm not suggesting anything here, just citing a potential outcome from a similar experience.

If I had had drink in my mouth, I would have spit it out about draining the oil. I was on the phone with my wife and couldn't quit laughing to tell her.

On further thinking about it though, your oil light or oil pressure gauge should come on. Might have to put some tape over the light. Sand in the intake. Fish in the air conditioner. :)

If I had had drink in my mouth, I would have spit it out about draining the oil. I was on the phone with my wife and couldn't quit laughing to tell her.

On further thinking about it though, your oil light or oil pressure gauge should come on. Might have to put some tape over the light. Sand in the intake. Fish in the air conditioner. :)

Or there is always the classic sugar in the gas tank. :msp_thumbup:

Back