Chainsaw chop shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When our governments begin to use the police as revenue collectors and baby sitters ... they become our enemy.
We're a long way from Mayberry, amigo. :yes:
When a government fears and has disdain for it's citizens, a police state is usually their response.
I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but I think I follow what you are saying. Personally I think it's policies that are f####d up, the police men and women are just good regular people (for the most part).

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but I think I follow what you are saying. Personally I think it's policies that are f####d up, the police men and women are just good regular people (for the most part).
That's still true to a certain extent, but much less so today than say 40 years ago.
It's a multifaceted issue that involves many factors.
We have a culture today that is in advanced moral and spiritual decay, our society is full of people who are completely ignorant of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and they are selfish, arrogant, and spoiled self-indulgent brats who demand that government and thereby law enforcement, give them whatever they insist on at any given moment in time.
Throw in the fact that we are overly litigious as a society ... every civil servant including police must worry that the slightest mistake might result in a lawsuit of millions of dollars, and possibly the end of his career.
And most of the old school law enforcement people are gone now, the people we have now are increasingly a product of our degenerate society, as the old saying goes ... garbage in, garbage out.

Ben Franklin was approached by a hysterical woman who demanded of him "What kind of government have you given us?!" ... and he replied "A republic madam, if you can keep it"

Notice the inherent flaw in human nature in the woman's question ... "what kind of government have you GIVEN us?" There's the enemy in society that will always be with mankind, we tend not to be the types who participate and lead, or the types that learn from history and use rational critical thought, we tend to be like that woman, accepting government that is GIVEN to us, ... yeah I know, voting - elections - blah blah blah - but that's all meaningless if the people doing the voting are ignorant morons who want government to remain a separate all powerful entity that is desirable when it caters to THEIR needs, desires, etc.

/rant

:chop:

That's still true to a certain extent, but much less so today than say 40 years ago.
We have a culture today that is in advanced moral and spiritual decay, our society is full of people who are completely ignorant of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and they are selfish, arrogant, and spoiled self-indulgent brats who demand that government and thereby law enforcement, give them whatever they insist on at any given moment in time.
Throw in the fact that we are overly litigious as a society ... every civil servant including police must worry that the slightest mistake might result in a lawsuit of millions of dollars, and possibly the end of his career.
And most of the old school law enforcement people are gone now, the people we have now are increasingly a product of our degenerate society, as the old saying goes ... garbage in, garbage out.

Ben Franklin was approached by a hysterical woman who demanded of him "What kind of government have you given us?!" ... and he replied "A republic madam, if you can keep it"

Notice the inherent flaw in human nature in the woman's question ... "what kind of government have you GIVEN us?" There's the enemy in society that will always be with mankind, we tend not to be the types who participate and lead, or the types that learn from history and use rational critical thought, we tend to be like that woman, accepting government that is GIVEN to us, ... yeah I know, voting - elections - blah blah blah - but that's all meaningless if the people doing the voting are ignorant morons who want government to remain a separate all powerful entity that is desirable when it caters to THEIR needs, desires, etc.

/rant

Holy crap, I needed a dictionary to keep up with you there my friend.
I agree, we shouldn't just except whatever is given to us.

/rant

TLDR [emoji39]

Since government doesn't produce anything it can't give something that wasn't taken from someone else.
It is institutionalized thievery.
That is the nature of the beast.

Our founders tried (brilliantly) to create a system that resists that tendency ... however, the Republic they created will not function as a republic in the hands of corrupt and immoral people.

How many people today think America was founded as a democracy? I cringe every time I hear someone say "We're a democracy" or "Democracy is freedom" ... Our founders were well aware of what a pure democracy was, and they feared it. That's why they created the republic, the Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc.

Those documents were boundaries and restrictions on the government, not the people per se, but since our government is supposed to be "we the people" ... those restrictions are upon the people as well, in the sense that the "tyranny of the majority" was an anathema to the founders.

Sadly, we have lost those principles ... incrementally over the years, and the rot began long ago.

Our founders tried (brilliantly) to create a system that resists that tendency ... however, the Republic they created will not function as a republic in the hands of corrupt and immoral people.

How many people today think America was founded as a democracy? I cringe every time I hear someone say "We're a democracy" or "Democracy is freedom" ... Our founders were well aware of what a pure democracy was, and they feared it. That's why they created the republic, the Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc.

Those documents were boundaries and restrictions on the government, not the people per se, but since our government is supposed to be "we the people" ... those restrictions are upon the people as well, in the sense that the "tyranny of the majority" was an anathema to the founders.

Sadly, we have lost those principles ... incrementally over the years, and the rot began long ago.
I love the USA and wouldn't ever want to live anywhere else.

i agree

Ben Franklin also quit voting sometime in and when asked why by a friend , he said that the system was flawed from the beginning , intentionally modeled after the most corrupt system on earth the Roman republic , for the sole purpose of undermining the people and making them think they got democracy and freedom , while keeping the wealthy in control of everything .

I'm inclined to agree ... I've seen how this stuff gets blown out of all proportion.
Small town with their own federally funded SWAT ... welcome to the police state folks!
Anyway ... he hasn't been charged with ANYTHING.
He's cooperating with the police.
And now with the attention, he has to move his biz off of his own property.
and ill tell yah what,,if hes been running the biz there,,for a long enough period of time,,id have a lawyer....he may be able to say hes grandfathered,,and they couldn't do anything about it......that would chap their a@#,, stinking city punks think they own the world...........

Anymore Justice = Money.
#1 the justice system doesn't want mr.low life baby maker that won't work.no revenue coming in from fines probation payments etc. He is a burden that would have to be taken care of in an institution
#2 they want mr.home owner hard worker.fines,court costs,revenue is easily there for the taking.
The system has worked its way down from a true system that worked to help protect its citizens from harm to a revenue collector.
Where i live the hardworking guys (whats left of the good ol boys) that might drink a beer between jobs on a hot summer day get it the worst.lost license.$10,000 worth of fines to pay out of a $20,000 to $25000 annual income.have 2-3 kids putting them through school and feeding them.
I have seen this with my own eyes now.we have worthless dad,wife and three kids.he works at smurfin' cold pills.he gets caught.they turn him loose without bond until court day.they slap him on the wrist,11/29 probation $30 month fine.2 months later he gets caught manufacturing. Same situation.probation violation another 11\29.3 months later mr.meth head is wigging out beats hell out of his wife and kids.wrecks the only vehicle they have in the ditch......yeap you guessed it.another 11\29 probation.no hard time.just revolving doors on the court house.
This type of stuff makes my blood boil.
Just to let you all know i don't condone drinking and driving.i do know that a law is a law but sometimes a blind eye needs to be turned away from drug houses and towards respectable citizens minding their business and not hurting a soul.
Rant off
straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap:

Back