Chainsaw jig for blocking firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting ideas here guys. I like this site because of some of the very smart individuals that come up with newer better ideas and are willing to share. Sure not every idea is for everyone but thats how things develope and advance. I agree with some that I would rather pick up my saw and head to the woods but I am young and in fairly good shape. I know if my back was bad I would still want to spend time in the woods cutting. A good idea like this can still make that happen. Nice work guys. :rockn:

When I was using mine it didn't take me long to figure out that packing the 'logs', 'limbs' etc to the jig and loading it was a lot more work and more time consuming than just cutting it up in place.

Harry K

I wouldn't pack mine into the woods, but that's not where I get my wood. Mine comes from tree services and a log processor, so I bring it home TO my sawbuck. When I've got a bunch of small stuff (say, maybe 8" & under), it's MUCH faster to load up the sawbuck and cut it, than to cut it on the ground. I stack that thing full and cut many at one time.

Bigger stuff gets cut on the ground. Trust me - I'm NOT lifting some of those 30" & 36" oak rounds up on to a sawbuck! :D

Different tools & techniques for different purposes.

Back