Chainsaw meets jeans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forgot to say it was a kids instructional video.

I was taught how to use a saw properly and have never wore chaps.
I've met a lot of carpenters and farmers with missing fingers that could say the same thing about their tools. At the end of the day, life happens whether you are prepared for it or not. Personally, I hope you never regret not having a pair of chaps or saw pants on. Just not worth the risk to me.

Only YT video's I regularly watch is 'Vintage Watch Restoration' and 'What is Going On with Shipping'. The 'Vintage Watch' site I find intriguing because of the tiny parts and assemblies the creator replaces and fixes and gets old discarded timepieces operating again and running properly, something I would never have the patience or dexterity to accomplish. I'm actually a member on his Patreon Page, his video's are extremely interesting for me and...

"What is Going on with Shipping because the creator keeps me and possibly you up to date with what is transpiring with international shipping and the ongoing crisis in the Suez and with the Houthi's as well as the ongoing issues with the Panama Canal.

All the rest are simply vehicles for their creators to garner funds from YT for subscriptions and 'click through's' and I'm not interested in promoting their revenue stream.

I do watch other YT Video's but I never subscribe to any of them and don't plan on subscribing either. Most of them I find either entertaining or loaded with mis-information or just plain boring.

Far as wearing saw chaps or saw pants, I always do as a matter of my personal safety. Way, way back when I owned and operated a tree business in Northern Ohio (long gone), I involuntarily did some stupid things that resulted in some pretty serious lacerations on my legs and knee caps and to this day, I have the scars to prove my stupidity. Something about a sharp 404 chain loop that slices you, you never forget.

I really don't need any reminders about those moments of stupidity as those 'reminders' are with me until I die.

How is it garbage. It is to show beginners the dangers of improper chainsaw use and the lack of PPE. There are countless other channels that do stuff like this.
Because I can go on you tube (your favorite place.) And find 20 more videos just like it, ir better done. There was zero reason to do it, other then you were bored and wanted some tube clicks.

If you want attention I suggest warming up to your spouse or girlfriend, whatever it is... Maybe your dog as well. Of course none of those will garner you a YT payout but those are much more rewarding in the short run...

If you want attention I suggest warming up to your spouse or girlfriend, whatever it is... Maybe your dog as well. Of course none of those will garner you a YT payout but those are much more rewarding in the short run...
That boring. Going to scream at the neighbors cat through the window.

Look at me, please 🤣

Because I can go on you tube (your favorite place.) And find 20 more videos just like it, ir better done. There was zero reason to do it, other then you were bored and wanted some tube clicks.
Dude. I've had the YouTube channel for less than a year. I recently graduated from editing on my phone to adding with a proper software on my laptop. Like you always say to me about chainsaws, it takes 10,000 hours to master anything. Look at how long the other YouTubers have been doing it.

He doesn’t understand why it works so well and gets positive reactions from YouTube but doesn’t work here with experienced people that see this garbage content.
That's right but do you have to be like that to him, he is young and has a lot to learn what he lacks in skill and knowledge he makes up for with enthusiasm. Teach him! He seems like a good sort to me. Just needs some good mentoring.

Dude. I've had the YouTube channel for less than a year. I recently graduated from editing on my phone to adding with a proper software on my laptop. Like you always say to me about chainsaws, it takes 10,000 hours to master anything. Look at how long the other YouTubers have been doing it.
Then stop posting your practice links here. every other day it's the same thing. "Oh, whats Oliver up to now? Oh, more youtube videos. "🙄

That's right but do you have to be like that to him, he is young and has a lot to learn what he lacks in skill and knowledge he makes up for with enthusiasm. Teach him! He seems like a good sort to me. Just needs some good mentoring.
He’s already deleted videos, my guess is when he matures he will (or should) delete all that crap.

I know he’s young, He told us his age in every post (a lot of posts at that) in the not so distant past.

Love it, scream at the neighbors LOL! Yeah!
He really does need to up his game, a lot!

Getting straight talk and not back rubs will help. It's a hardball world out there. All kids gotta tough job today navigating all the bs. We came up preweb. That changed everything.

Getting straight talk and not back rubs will help. It's a hardball world out there. All kids gotta tough job today navigating all the bs. We came up preweb. That changed everything.
He will learn, so why discourage him so much? That ain't the way to do it.

Does Oliver or your neighbor need to step up their game? Sorry, I didn’t understand the wording. Yeah, there’s a lot of BS to be navigated nowadays by us younger folks. What is preweb?

He’s already deleted videos, my guess is when he matures he will (or should) delete all that crap.

I know he’s young, He told us his age in every post (a lot of posts at that) in the not so distant past.
And he's gotta learn to take good advice better.

Oliver, I acted the same way you did when I was 14, thought I knew everything and didn't like the older guys giving me advice. I'm 18 now and my biggest regret was not listening to those older guys sooner. Many on this forum have ran saws longer than you and I have been alive, some longer than our combined ages. Pay attention to what these guys are telling you, we're not insulting as much as we're being blunt.

And he's gotta learn to take good advice better.

Oliver, I acted the same way you did when I was 14, thought I knew everything and didn't like the older guys giving me advice. I'm 18 now and my biggest regret was not listening to those older guys sooner. Many on this forum have ran saws longer than you and I have been alive, some longer than our combined ages. Pay attention to what these guys are telling you, we're not insulting as much as we're being blunt.
You are right, the old guys sure taught me plenty.

I hate to tell you this, but youtube is not a good platform to learn or spread info on. Many crooks, frauds, and liars were active and had a heavy youtube following. There's a few I like watching, but those guys are all members of this and other forums. They post videos of their saws cutting, and that's it. No commentary, no misinformation, just the sound saws ripping through wood

Back