Chainsaw protective chaps: best/least expensive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albngore

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need recommendations about what brand chaps to buy and who sells for the least money. Also, need comments about Kevlar chaps as opposed to ballistic nylon (the Elvex brand type). Which chaps do you fellows trust most? Who do I buy them from? By the way, I need short ones (28").
Thanks, Brad

Look at bailey's online or sherril. But please, with something as important as chaps, don't use low price as a deal breaker!

I have seen a pair of Husky chaps cut with a saw and that was all the convincing I needed. They work. Well, better than jeans.

I bought mine from Stihl. I don't know if they're the best but I suspect they're pretty good.

It was funny because I stopped at a large Stihl dealer and asked for safety chaps and the dealer acted like I was from another planet. He said he didn't have them nor even knew who sells them. Then I stopped at an Echo dealer and he said they don't normally stock them but could special order them.

I finally stopped at a small town Stihl dealer that probably deals more with loggers then regular consumers and they had lots of them. They even took them out of the sealed bag and let me try on different sizes to get the best fit.

I probably paid about $20 more then online but I wanted to make sure they fit OK.

Don't bargain-shop with your safety. Spend the bucks...you'll be better off. No chaps are totally saw proof but they sure beat wearing nothing. I wear the orange chaps from Bailey's and the left leg has a couple of pretty good nicks in it...would have cut through my jeans if not for the chaps. You don't want to go through the rest of your life being called Stumpy.

albngore said:
Which chaps do you fellows trust most? Who do I buy them from? By the way, I need short ones (28").

You need 28" chaps or you have a 28" inseam? There's a big difference.

I have and like the Husqvarna Pro Wrap chaps. I have a 33" inseam but wear the 36-38" chaps in the 38" mode.

They come in
Blue - http://www.speedwaysales.com/product_info.php?products_id=1708
or
Orange - http://www.speedwaysales.com/product_info.php?products_id=1707

for $74 to your door. (Has anyone else noticed the price of _lots_ of stuff went up 5-15% in the last two weeks?)

Chainsaw protective chaps: best/least expensive

"least expensive"

"You will TASTE Your Savings if You have an incident".

Regards

Joseph

Back