Chainsaw protective pants for lefty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, just take your saw with your right hand with left hand on the trigger... you will see as soon a you finished to clearing little trees your saw will go to your right side...i think this is the problem because the blade come really close to my leg, if you using the saw with right hand on the throttle,left hand on handle, your saw will go left side and you will be protected by the powerhead due to the distance from the blade... ive tested right hand throttle again today during 4 hour clearing and really not comfortable to go that way... How are you lefty operate your saw?

I am 110% Left Handed.

As Left Handed as a Left Handed Cigarette and I learned to use it right handed for chainsaws.

You'd better Too

Learn to use it like you are supposed to, or cut your leg off; it's up to you.

However, that big artery in your right leg will empty your body of blood in a matter of seconds, so go ahead and get some life insurance for your surviving family members while you are at it.

In my layman's view, switching up in bucking a large diameter (particularly while in the cut) is a totally different animal than regularly operating a saw left-handed. I give myself some relief in bucking the "big" stuff but I don't ordinarily "handle" the saw left handed. As the OP has experienced, left-handed handling puts that chain awful close to your leg. And as noted , it puts other body parts at greater risk as well. Ron

every day that passes, my relevancy fades, like an obsolete machine left in the ferns, rust grows through the worn yellow paint.

That's the Most Ignorant thing I've heard this week: you even topped the Space Cadet OP.

We are supposed to learn from our elders, and you definitely are one of those: keep being one of those if you don't mind.
I'm Listening

Randy just needs some young punk to come along, force some oil down his intake, work the crank a back and forth a bit, charge the batteries, and give the starter button a whack. Once the smoke clears and the cursing stops a fresh coat of paint and send him back to the woods.

Randy just needs some young punk to come along, force some oil down his intake, work the crank a back and forth a bit, charge the batteries, and give the starter button a whack. Once the smoke clears and the cursing stops a fresh coat of paint and send him back to the woods.

I think you're close to the truth. Randy needs to get out and bullbuck a job with a couple of newbies on the ground. You know the kind I mean...guys with more opinions than actual experience. Randy could bring them around. Or send them to town on the first loaded truck dumb enough to give them a ride. That'll get him going again.

Don't make us lefties feel left out! Actoolaly the lefty make the best woodcutter, he's carrying and cutting with the strongest side of his- her body.

I think you're close to the truth. Randy needs to get out and bullbuck a job with a couple of newbies on the ground. You know the kind I mean...guys with more opinions than actual experience. Randy could bring them around. Or send them to town on the first loaded truck dumb enough to give them a ride. That'll get him going again.
LOL........i'd like to see er hear that.

the motor runs, low on compression, fuel delivery is uneven, slow to start, prone to overheating. Electrical system is prone to overcharging, fusebox has been bypassed, harness has loose connections and lots of splices. Transmission is balky, difficult to engage gears, often gets stuck in low drive, clutch slips on hills. Final drive is worn beyond specs, major repairs are indicated. Brakes have that metal on metal noise, steering has excessive play, alternates between requiring exertion and aimless freewheeling. When machine is operating, there is great deal of noise and smoke, giving the illusion that something is being accomplished.

the motor runs, low on compression, fuel delivery is uneven, slow to start, prone to overheating. Electrical system is prone to overcharging, fusebox has been bypassed, harness has loose connections and lots of splices. Transmission is balky, difficult to engage gears, often gets stuck in low drive, clutch slips on hills. Final drive is worn beyond specs, major repairs are indicated. Brakes have that metal on metal noise, steering has excessive play, alternates between requiring exertion and aimless freewheeling. When machine is operating, there is great deal of noise and smoke, giving the illusion that something is being accomplished.

Ah yes but there's no leaks, so I'll put em to work...

Back