chainsaw vs. bowsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobthebuilder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I never did get the use of a chainsaw down pat. I prefer to use a bowsaw for all of my needs including climbing. I also enjoy hearing the sound of nature instead of a loud annoying chainsaw motor. My bowsaw can cut faster then any of your hotsaws.

Bob

Another reason for bowsaw is it is more earth friendly. Those chainsaws are poluting the air everyday. I strongly suggest everyone to retire their chainsaws and switch the handy dandy bowsaw. Which you will find suprisingly that it will out do your chainsaw any day.

Someone new wants the "Instigator" title it looks like. I'm not biting.

Well...I don't have the experience cutting with a bowsaw.I will say that likely most men would be surprized what they could do with one after developing a little skill.

The day may be in the future when we all wish we had a bowsaw.

Rick

Hi Bob

Welcome to the Chainsaw Forum at AS. We need a new speedbag.

The wind that you are gone with must be a "shotgun" from an herbal smoking implement of some sort.

As Fish would have been quick to point out, before he accidentally neutered himself, you must be some sort of ***** if you don`t like the smells and sounds of a good running chainsaw.

Don`t worry about the sounds I`m making down below you with my chainsaw as you lovingly care for a tree with your bowsaw, I`m not trying to drop it on you, I`m merely making a shallow cut through the cambial layer so I can limb it on the ground next year. :D

Russ

Originally posted by jokers
Hi Bob

The wind that you are gone with must be a "shotgun" from an herbal smoking implement of some sort.

Russ

Dayyyyuuuummm. You caught on to that fast. Must be fairley young, or an ex hippy.

Don`t worry about the sounds I`m making down below you with my chainsaw as you lovingly care for a tree with your bowsaw, I`m not trying to drop it on you, I`m merely making a shallow cut through the cambial layer so I can limb it on the ground next year.

Yea and don;t worry when the limb falls that you didn't hear me cut... i was trying to get that fly off your forehead.

Anybody else ridin "shotgun"? asked Bob bluntly.

Back to your hole troll!!! D@mn pot smoking hippies!! Why do environmentalist always fell the need to cause trouble? You go looking for it and then cry when you don't get your way. If you don't like chainsaws then WHY did you join this site? Oh wait I know to cause troble and attemept to irrate people, your not like to cause much trouble here as most of us are used to dealing with your type! You probably also think all logging is bad but I'm willing to bet that you still wipe your @ss with paper:angry2:

Now Bob, tree huggers don`t normally advocate violence do they? Or is ok to harm humans as long as you don`t allow all those splendid trees that you have so lovingly tried to ANIMATE by giving names to, be harmed?

I`ll give you credit for coming back swinging, Bowsaw, but your immediate reliance on threats of physical violence toward me is not enough of a challenge for me to want to continue sparring with you. Besides, those who immediately resort to violence typically don`t have the heart for anything more than blowing up and then blowing away just as quickly.

I prefer BeauSoleil to bowsaw lingerers. :D

Russ

Ryan
Don`t let this guy get your goat or yank your chain. Either he is the reincarnation of one of our regulars or someone just looking to give good hardworking people a hard time. Or maybe he justs likes people to notice when he enters the room. :rolleyes:

Russ

I have a feeling this guy may be gypho or fish in disquise. Maybe they got bored today and decided to stir things up.

hotsaw vs bowsaw?

Well isn't this just DANDY! Yes, you have wizzed in my cheerios! And I love my cheerios! You must be one bad mofo to cut faster than any hotsaw. You should ask around before making a comment like that in a CHAINSAW forum. I'm at a loss for words.

You need to research " unlimited hotsaws" before such a phrase leaves your lips again. When have you seen 3000 people gather in grandstands to watch the "bowsaw races"? Have you ever been invited to a show? When has photos of said bowsaw made it on a poster for a show in another country? FEATURING BOB AND HIS BOWSAW. What is the name of said bowsaw? Do you have a velvet lined, hard sided, lockable case for this bowsaw? What color is this famed bowsaw? You don't know the answer to any of these questions, because this bowsaw is your imaginary pal.

I now must quote Rotax Robert "ENOUGH SAID"

Bill Jr

hotsaws for sale

I've got the day off, I'm now selling all of my dads and my hotsaws to buy me a "high speed bowsaw"

Bill Jr

A big problem on this site is there are so many variables involved in picking the saw that cuts the best. Let me explain.

If we were to race the Preditor hot saw against Bob and his bow saw, Bob would surley win, if we were trimming the suckers out of an apple tree.

When we all talk about what saw is best, what size motor, what length bar, what brand, the best depends on a lot of factors. For example, there's one narrow minded idiot that shines around here calling 50cc saws girlie, sissy saws. Perhaps this size saw doesn't fit well into the type of cutting he does, how big and how strong he is.
When I'm not climbing and, like Bob, often doing a lot of handsaw work, I mostly cut hardwoods that are about 20-30 inches diameter into firewood. The 70cc size suits this perfectly, for me. I choose a 24" bar because it fits the saw well and more importantly it reaches the ground while I stand upright. This makes it easy to cut without bending over.
If I were 5'6" I might perfer a 20" bar. If I was 150 lbs, I might want an 026.

Back