Charity Cut for Interfaith Caregivers-Who is up for the task at hand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be at Boyds' about 0600 tomorrow, locked and loaded. See you all in the AM.

Right now, watching the Badgers trying to put the Huskers away, currently up by 20 with the ball.

WhenDull, if the special is biscuits and gravy, I'm on it like white on rice, if not, it'll be a game day decision.

You guys have fun, just found this thread now. Let me no if there will be another cutting day. Just got back from a wedding.Good night.

Beefie

Job Well Done!

Thanks to all that made it out today. It sure is alot easier (and alot more fun) to cut 7 semi loads of logs then it is to split it! Denny truly appreciates all your hard work. Like he said at lunch-WE are the backbone of this great charity work! Hope everyone had safe travel home and hopefully we can GTG one more time this fall before the snows come! Now BRING ON THE IOWA GTG!!!!

Good breakfast and good caramel rolls. Good lunch too. Didn't need much for supper.

It is alot more fun when we have a large group of people like we had today. Had to be at least 25.

You guys have fun, just found this thread now. Let me no if there will be another cutting day. Just got back from a wedding.Good night.

Beefie

Just woke up after a postgame nap on the couch, seems some hard work and good italian food make a guy inclined to resting!

Beefie, there is talk of doing it again (first weekend in Nov was mentioned), but Denny has a special treat for you if you bring the 090G again, some blocks that I think he said were 57" dia.

Didn't snap a lot of pics, and was in a rush when I took the ones I did, had some junk on the camera lens and they're blurrier than all get out, no sense posting em :cry:

A good time was had by all, not sure exactly how much we got done, but it was a good amount, with two splitters running and a bunch of Fiskars swinging, along with a bunch of the next generation hauling to the stacks and stacking it up. There's no shortage of wood left to split though!

I talked to my buddy tonight, should be no problem getting his 22 ton Huskee next time if we want/need it.

Well If there is one In November, count me in , I just need to no a date so I can take off of work. If it is A 2-day event I will make it up for friday, Then there will be safety meeting of some sorts.

What is up with this, an event with no pics?????????????????????

What is this wood you speak off Steve?

Beefie

I had Steve handcuffed to my TIMBERWOLF splitter the whole day! He, deadtrees and myself put a big dent our splitting pile! The pics he took were not very good...Suppose we can send GPT by there after work to show the progress we have made and all the work that is left to do! November 5th and 6th it shall be!:msp_biggrin:

Looks like we will try this again the first weekend in Nov. Thinking maybe Sat-Sunday combo?

We will be helping DennyInterfaith again on Nov 5th and 6th. I think this is opening weekend for the MN deer season but it is the only weekend that works for the Sconnie-ites. There is plenty of splitting and cutting to keep everyone busy! I'm sure a Friday night SAFETY MEETING will be in order-At a site still to be determined. Who is up for helping this graet charity out again??

Last edited:
After the conversation with my wife at supper, it seems both of us will be up for the weekend. Should be enough time to break in a pair of 5105's:msp_thumbsup:

Back