Charity Cut for Interfaith Caregivers-Who is up for the task at hand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roll call!

Just got off the phone with Denny-Six loads delivered today that averaged almost 12 cord per load=71.3 cord of oak logs to cut on Sat May 28th. Denny doesn't think it can happen-so who is in to help prove him wrong?:msp_thumbsup:

Maybe I can run up after work and take a video of the log piles so guys can see what we are up against.
I'll do it tomorrow! It's supposed to be nice again.

Maybe I can run up after work and take a video of the log piles so guys can see what we are up against.
I'll do it tomorrow! It's supposed to be nice again.

He says it is quite a mountian of wood! Barb was gonna try to e-mail me some pics and try to download them here. I like your video idea better!:msp_thumbup:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s7Dzk_P0aUw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s7Dzk_P0aUw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

1- J.D.
2-Mikey
3- Boyd
4-pele55
5-GrizzlyAdams86
6-Steve NW
7-HeavyFuel
8-Deadtrees

We are going to need some more help the way it looks.
Denny is going to have the grill up and running for dinner and some women will be making some salads and such. We plan on just eating on the trailer like this last weekend.
I will probably bring a couple of picnic tables along on the skidsteer trailer too.
Put the word out boys.

Last edited:
Just how do you attack a pile like that?

Cut them on the pile? Sawbucks? Held in the skid steer claws?

Looks ambitious for a couple of days!

Philbert

We have a system. The skidsteer pick the logs off the pile and places them in half a dozen or so small piles and a couple of guys work on each small pile. Just keep dumping a few at a time on each pile and the piles just keep growing . This way the logs stay off the ground and on top of already cut wood and keeps the chains out of the dirt. Also makes it easier by not having to hand throw a bunch of wood around. As the pile get real big the logs are just dropped on the side of the pile and cut up there.
Jace Luedtke did an excellent job of piling them in there and leaving the end open to just grab from. Makes the skidsteer operators job a lot easier.

Also most of the splitting will be done later on after the piles get moved into stacked area. If we get done early we can start splitting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back