Cheap parts online in Canada?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you say that if you ship USPS don't get charged customs?

I believe that you misunderstood customs fees with brokerage fees. Customs is not usually the problem whereas brokerage fees charged by a courier are. USPS doesn't charge a brokerage fee for shipping across the border. UPS will add $50 on top of shipping for an item that may only be worth $80-$100.

Which places are better than others?

For shindaiwa parts, Edge&Engine. As far as customs goes, it has to be random. I've gotten dozens of parcels, from site sponsors, members, ebay etc, and only been dinged twice, once on a saw I got from Brad Snelling, and once on a $5 muffler from another member. And the duty on the muffler was just about as much as it was on a 100 cc saw.:msp_confused:

Thanks for letting us know how you send it up here .
Have you found this to be cheaper than USPS direct ?

Howdy,
I can't say it's the cheapest but, it's the only 100% way we can do it to avoid any unforeseen fees. The biggest complaints we would get is when a customer thought they paid in full, and then when their order shows, there's somebody else with their hand out.

The biggest complaint we had was trying to get reimbursed for the stuff they lost. Canada Post is way better at getting the order delivered, and not damaging the product before it gets to it's destination.

Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
The biggest complaints we would get is when a customer thought they paid in full, and then when their order shows, there's somebody else with their hand out.

That is the most dreadful, disturbing and indignant feeling one can get when ordering parts online. You do it to save the bucks and then it ends up costing you more than buying it at home? All because every thief (not including the suppliers here) in the chain is trying to take a cut. Outrageous feeling- been there before.

Latest posts

Back