Chinese husky big bore ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUSSIE1

Al.
Reaction score
Ned and Wild’s fight site Vic. Australia.
I've been playing around with a saw sent over from Matt (MCW) that's a Chinese copy of a 365 Husky.
Thread started here...http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/174937.htm
I've fitted within the last couple of days a couple of big bore kits. The first was of a previous 365 that had been squashed by a fallen tree a couple of years ago (see video below) and yesterday I ported a new BB kit solely for this saw using everything in this kit, rings clips piston etc. The idea is to see how these saws hold up not only with an aftermarket big bore kit, but also ported. Lets pump some pressure on that bottom end and see how she holds up.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zxkNrVgxVqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This with the second BB kit.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG_BSvTwRSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry fella's, I was going to supply a video this afternoon on this saw in a real firewood chasing environment but the bluddy camera was flat! I'll get one in the morning.

This saw is running absolutely awesome. Shame I wasn't able to get a vid, cause I had more than a little fun with this saw. Not quite as well as my 371, but we couldn't have that! :)

To run this saw, you could not pick it against a Husky.

Let the flack fly!!!!! :msp_w00t:

Uh oh, we're both in big trouble Al :D

RUN!!!!!!!

Good job old son...

YES!!!! :laugh:

DSCF3221.jpg

Is that a chinese gasoline-powered chainsaw in that photo? ;)

BTW, I was watching some behind-the-scenes of "Fringe". Half of the actors are brits or ozzies, but it is supposedly filmed in America. In one scene the Brit actor says, "My phone is flat", and the Canadian actor says, "No, this is America. Go again" and he goes another couple times before he explains to him that North Americans use the word "dead" and not "flat".

OK, so ya had to be there... Anna Torv is HOT, tho.

Is that a chinese gasoline-powered chainsaw in that photo? ;)

BTW, I was watching some behind-the-scenes of "Fringe". Half of the actors are brits or ozzies, but it is supposedly filmed in America. In one scene the Brit actor says, "My phone is flat", and the Canadian actor says, "No, this is America. Go again" and he goes another couple times before he explains to him that North Americans use the word "dead" and not "flat".

OK, so ya had to be there... Anna Torv is HOT, tho.

Wes, as long as Anna Torv is hot!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L1K3zYmJ8Jc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And had fun gettin it dirty! :msp_smile:

I put it side by side next to Tims 372 and it had him shacking his head! :msp_w00t:

Couldn't he read the stickers on it?

Please say this saw is a piece of crap Al to save ourselves a lot of trouble here ;) Or even better hand grenade it on film...

How does the Chinese bottom end look compared to the reel thing?

They look exactly like a Husky. Cranks and bearings are a direct swap. It pays to remember though and I've said it here before but not all copies are like this. Most have undersized cranks and are complete pieces of crap. These saws are impressive.
The only thing I needed to do was swap the carb out to a different one from my Chinese supplier. New carb for USD$13 and it flows enough for even Al's modded big bore kit. The standard supplied carb was leaning out on the BB kits above about 12,000rpm and causing them to sieze. We've been playing with these things for a while now - they're nothing but test mules and if we blow one up we won't feel too bad about it. I have a stock BB and muffler mod on mine and it's running a treat.

Last edited:

Please say this saw is a piece of crap Al to save ourselves a lot of trouble here ;) Or even better hand grenade it on film...

better not grenade it until the gtg in sept, can race it against my pos to see which which will blow first

Well the point of this exercise as you and I know was to see what this has saw got....or not got. If she lets go, I won't hold back. Some how, I think she will hold on a little longer than expected.

Well the point of this exercise as you and I know was to see what this has saw got....or not got. If she lets go, I won't hold back. Some how, I think she will hold on a little longer than expected.

Thats true mate. I think they'll hold together better than most people realise. I mean how many people have been running aftermarket cranks/bearings in their saws with no problems? The answer is lots...

But hey if she blows I'll send you a new crank - unless half the case is jammed in your thigh :D

How does the Chinese bottom end look compared to the reel thing?

I'll tell ya something, without the barrel kit attached you would think it was a Husky. Husky had nothing on these things as far as the machining on the cases are concerned.

They look exactly like a Husky. Cranks and bearings are a direct swap. It pays to remember though and I've said it here before but not all copies are like this. Most have undersized cranks and are complete pieces of crap. These saws are impressive.
The only thing I needed to do was swap the carb out to a different one from my Chinese supplier. New carb for USD$13 and it flows enough for even Al's modded big bore kit. The standard supplied carb was leaning out on the BB kits above about 12,000rpm and causing them to sieze. We've been playing with these things for a while now - they're nothing but test mules and if we blow one up we won't feel too bad about it. I have a stock BB and muffler mod on mine and it's running a treat.

Oh yeah it runs well with the "Greenwood" carby! :laugh:

Thats true mate. I think they'll hold together better than most people realise. I mean how many people have been running aftermarket cranks/bearings in their saws with no problems? The answer is lots...

But hey if she blows I'll send you a new crank - unless half the case is jammed in your thigh :D

This saw will be my main saw and I'll use it hard. I must get a video of her with the 28" bar attached.

Oh yeah, the chain I'm running is a round filed chisel.

Latest posts

Back