Chinese husky big bore ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al, I was looking at that transfer work you did to the jug. I was wondering if you had just cleaned up the ports or had raised them a bit. Now you have clarified it - nice job!

Al, I was looking at that transfer work you did to the jug. I was wondering if you had just cleaned up the ports or had raised them a bit. Now you have clarified it - nice job!

Terry, that's a jug from a couple of years ago. I didn't take any pics of this setup as I didn't think anyone was too interested. Done very similar though and with the kit piston. Yeah I'll do upper durations if needed. You leave too much on the bench if you don't.

Well IMO that video kills the myth that all Chinese saws are s***t , I was pretty skeptical before I ran Matt's 365 BB... maybe I need another backup saw for my 6401 BB :)
Good work fellas :chainsaw:

Well IMO that video kills the myth that all Chinese saws are s***t , I was pretty skeptical before I ran Matt's 365 BB... maybe I need another backup saw for my 6401 BB :)
Good work fellas :chainsaw:

Thanks Wayne.

They obviously wanted this saw to work. But time will tell if all holds together. The oil pump, crank etc. She only has 2 and 1/2 tanks up her belt but I've been giving it a pushin from the get go. It has been getting a tad hot at times. Bit early to be pushing it like I have really. That last video is only a fraction of what I cut. I'll continue to give this saw a hard pushin as this is what Matt wanted to see with a ported BB kit. We all realize that to an extent that port work etc adds stress to a saw so we'll see! I have a nice big peppermint I dropped tonight that I will cut up in the morning.

I also got one of the Chinese BB saws. It has never let me down in the field, but it has had a few problems.

The tank vent was crap and kept causing the saw to go lean. I gutted the vent and stuffed it with steel wool making it free flowing.

I went back in to extend the intake timing some more and found the cage for the small end bearing was coming apart. The stock Chinese bearing is crap, it looks like a clutch bearing and needs to replaced when the saw is built - replaced with OEM.

Broke a clutch spring - replaced with OEM.

The top of the exhaust port started to get the chrome buffed off, so I smoothed the top of the rings and ran it some more. Eventually all the chrome was buffed off the top of the port so I replaced it with the new BB jug that Matt has sourced. The new jug still has too flat an exhaust port for my tastes, but the jug has better timing figures, transfers are wider and it has more compression (it makes more power). The only porting I did was to rework the lower transfers to feed the wider ports and to increase the intake timing to 160 degrees.

It is what it is, a cheap saw for a firewood hack. All my mates like it (they all thought it was a real Husky when I started using it). It always starts easy and gets the job done. I wouldn't suggest that a person unfamiliar with saws ever get one, but if you know your way around a saw it can be a cheap option for a part time firewood cutter.

Got my 77cc top end from Matt a while back. It's sitting on top of my 2165 now:

Intake is 160, Exhaust is 163, Transfers at 22(I was afraid to bring em up more as Al said he had great response without even moving them). Pop Up piston. She is at about 200 psi. Though I wanted more power, I really didn't want some crazy ass thing like Al had in his vids. ;) I wanted torque and for it to last. SO went easy on the transfers and intake. The exhaust is high coz I thought I was gonna try for 220 psi, but decided not to after hearing from some folks whom have ran saws in that range for work. Anywho, here she is in maple:

Running 8 pin sprocket. Shown in one vid with an 18" bar coz that's what many of the locals here and the UK use on 365's in hardwoods. I sort of laughed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back