Chinese husky big bore ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What issues did you in counter?? I have a BB kit from china on my 362xp and the plating above the exhaust chipped off a little, pissed me off. She still runs and has 145psi so I figure Im gonna run it untill it losses to much compression to run. Ive been waiting a couple months for this thread, glad to see you guys got the chinavarnas running nicely.

Hi mate.
The main issues I encountered was simply a lack of quality control from the manufacturer, not the supplier. The good kits were excellent, but probably 50% had issues with somebody doing the bevelling and getting excited - damaging the Nikasil up the bore plus one kit had some imperfections in the bore. Also the supplied rings were absolute garbage and hooked a few ports snapping the tops out of pistons. The faulty kids were replaced free of charge however and I now supply Caber rings with these kits. The important thing to note with the 372 BB kits I've had is that all but one kit was unsaleable due to imperfections - all the rest were unsaleable due to human error while bevelling.
Al and Will along with myself tested these kits for about 6 months and while the good kits were excellent, a 50% replacement rate due to faults was unacceptable. No kits that have been sold to customers on eBay etc have had an issue as all of the bugs were sorted out prior to me starting to sell them.
Most of the kits without a base gasket have been around 170psi compression with the Caber rings but funnily enough only around 155-160psi with the cheap supplied rings - Cabers are definately worth the $12 odd from our little Greek mate on eBay. He's excellent to deal with.

All in all with the kits I've been importing I've been very happy but have realised that every kit has to be unpacked and checked just to be sure prior to sale - a couple of minutes per kit is all it takes and any imperfect kits can be weeded out before reaching the customer. The biggest issue I've had is our Postal Service busting rings - even through umpteen layers of bubble wrap. How they do it is beyond me so I'm now inserting all pistons with rings fitted in the bore prior to posting them - it's the only way to be sure that those peanuts won't wreck something.

Last edited:
Noooo...dig away mate! :laugh:

My thinking was the same as yours, but I couldn't see the Chinese making a barrel this nice just so they could put "Italy" on it! Argh, who knows?

They made a watch this nice just so they could put SWISS MADE on it. Even came with a Rolex hologram sticker on the back and the microscopic Rolex coronet logo laser etched in the crystal. The one I got stuck with ran about ten seconds a week slow, which is the sort of accuracy a real Rolex would be glad to claim. They tried too hard at authenticity and supplied it with a bracelet that's even worse than a Rolex bracelet. I can't see how anybody made money selling it to me for $11.

attachment.php

View attachment 188608

I can say that the kits that I got from Matt were very good, but the rings and clips sucked you know what. I had one catch a port, and grenaded itself. The other is running like a hot dam with a 272 piston, and I've sold it to a friend that has a tree service. He loves it so much, he wants another, he says he loves it much more then his 7900.

They made a watch this nice just so they could put SWISS MADE on it. Even came with a Rolex hologram sticker on the back and the microscopic Rolex coronet logo laser etched in the crystal. The one I got stuck with ran about ten seconds a week slow, which is the sort of accuracy a real Rolex would be glad to claim. They tried too hard at authenticity and supplied it with a bracelet that's even worse than a Rolex bracelet. I can't see how anybody made money selling it to me for $11.

attachment.php

View attachment 188608

It will be hard to convince me this barrel is made in China.

Look at the finish/quality.
The fins are thinner as per OEM and have never seen this with the aftermarket barrels.

This barrel is basically flawless.

DSCF3228.jpg

The barrel I'm talking about on the left, a/m right.

DSCF3231.jpg

It will be hard to convince me this barrel is made in China.

Good point. My Chinese knock-off watch has pretty decent externals, but inside there's a basic Liaoning movement. Good movement, fully jeweled, but there's no effort to make it pretty inside. The gears mesh perfectly, but everything else is very rough looking. Real Rolex movements are works of art. The funny thing is that the retail value of the Liaoning movement is about $15-25, and I paid $11 for the whole watch.

If Harbor Freight sold a 'U.S. General' saw that was built like yours, I might consider buying it.

oh right, remember you saying that now. Is it only 65cc though?

Yeah the 365 version.

Matt was saying in the last day or two he may be able to get these in the 71cc version. Be interesting to see if they come with the high top parts as the high top, filter etc and dawgs are Husky on this 365.

Would be interesting to see what barrel is fitted to the 372.

Yeah the 365 version.

Matt was saying in the last day or two he may be able to get these in the 71cc version. Be interesting to see if they come with the high top parts as the high top, filter etc and dawgs are Husky on this 365.

Would be interesting to see what barrel is fitted to the 372.

Ya, cool stuff. Hopefully it holds up for you.

He loves it so much, he wants another, he says he loves it much more then his 7900.

He loves it more than his 7900??? Please slap that man...

Yup!

I just bought a Chinese made air rifle, all for fun!

Well I bought a German made Diana Model 350 Magnum in .177" that breaks the sound barrier with lighter pellets.
The most unaccurate, pricey piece of crap air rifle I've ever bought. Gutsy, but next to useless. High, then low, then high - the barrel lock up is crap. Due to the inconsistent barrel lock up mounting a scope proved useless. I missed 5 rabbits after work at about 40m - 3 shots high and two low and no it's not me. Even with open sights it won't hold zero...

Last edited:
Matt, I've just purchased a Remington .177 air rifle. I'm still trying to lap in the barrel, apparently it takes over a 100 pellets to do it. I'm sure you know how important it is to find a .22 rimfire round that works in a rifle - same thing with different pellets (I got a box of cheap Chinese pellets that is working the best so far, don't tell anyone).

I was shown a trick at the shop about selecting consistent rounds. You take the pellets and roll them on an incline from a specific starting point and see where they roll to. The ones that go to the same spot you use - the others that deviate from that spot you discard or let the kids shoot.

Well I bought a German made Diana Model 350 Magnum in .177" that breaks the sound barrier with lighter pellets.
The most unaccurate, pricey piece of crap air rifle I've ever bought. Gutsy, but next to useless. High, then low, then high - the barrel lock up is crap. Due to the inconsistent barrel lock up mounting a scope proved useless. I missed 5 rabbits after work at about 40m - 3 shots high and two low and no it's not me. Even with open sights it won't hold zero...

I had a suppressed AirArms 410 that I thought was pretty handy. It was eventually replaced with a suppressed 22LR. It was very accurate, tho.

YouTube - ‪Air Arms S410 air rifle - AGR Episode 14‬‏

Hey, I can't blame him! I love it too!

About the gun, yes that can be, but apparently they need a lube and tune up right out of the box to fire well, as well they take some time to settle in, get yourself a few targets and just send a pile of rounds through it. Mine's only rated up to 500fps, but that's easily changed, I need a license to buy anything over that, which I don't have.

Have your shot many spring air rifle's before? I know they are a little different to shoot then a regular gun do the way they recoil.

Al
got any timing numbers you care to share?
whats it pulling for compresion?
Impressive as always!

Al
got any timing numbers you care to share?
whats it pulling for compresion?
Impressive as always!

Hi Duane, I haven't settled on the trans no's yet as I hadn't altered these, but quite happy with the In and Ex. They need altering from anything up to 5° . As soon as I'm happy with the trans, I'll let you know.

No base gasket, no machining checked cold after a couple of minutes of idling and revving it was 170psi. Squish is around 26 thou.

Latest posts

Back