Christmas Giving 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon are you like the bar guru?

a765594bca04fb22eb25057a873c5199.jpg

Last offer tonight, only one picture to show... Please PM for win, first pm, first win. Two .325 bars and brand new .325, .050, 78 DL chain. Came off my ECHO CS520, bars are used but not abused and chain is new, never used.

6 .325, .050, 78 drive link chains... two have been sharpened and cutters are short but usable, other 4 have been used once and never sharpened. IMG_20151202_191140_659.jpg

Curious about the bar/ bars I have to ship... any ideas?
Asking how to ship?

I would wrap in some corrugated cardboard, with extra protection at the ends, as noted by the faster typists. With 2 bars, wrap them together. Chains go in a padded envelope, or wrap in newspaper and place in a box. USPS flat rate boxes work for chains only. For longer things like bars, I often cut up larger boxes, like from bicycle stores, furniture stores, or appliance stores, etc.

Philbert

Asking how to ship?

I would wrap in some corrugated cardboard, with extra protection at the ends, as noted by the faster typists. With 2 bars, wrap them together. Chains go in a padded envelope, or wrap in newspaper and place in a box. USPS flat rate boxes work for chains only. For longer things like bars, I often cut up larger boxes, like from bicycle stores, or appliance stores, etc.

Philbert
Well put my friend!

Asking how to ship?

I would wrap in some corrugated cardboard, with extra protection at the ends, as noted by the faster typists. With 2 bars, wrap them together. Chains go in a padded envelope, or wrap in newspaper and place in a box. USPS flat rate boxes work for chains only. For longer things like bars, I often cut up larger boxes, like from bicycle stores, or appliance stores, etc.

Philbert
Yep. I've had some delivered by stacking and taping the bars and chains together, cut and tape 2 strips of cardboard over each end, and then cardboard folded all the way around twice. Worked fine. Also had a single bar delivered in a single cardboard wrap. They had FRAGILE tape all over it. It worked, but. ......

Yep. I've had some delivered by stacking and taping the bars and chains together, cut and tape 2 strips of cardboard over each end, and then cardboard folded all the way around twice. Worked fine. Also had a single bar delivered in a single cardboard wrap. They had FRAGILE tape all over it. It worked, but. ......

But what?

Agreed! Maybe Dave will chime in here and we can give him some business.
Not to derail, but there is some interest about these hardware kits @Definitive Dave

I tried to ship a package today that had been sitting on the shop floor by the gas can.. It REEKED of mixed fuel.. I had to unbox the contents, bag in a pleasantly scented garbage bag, and try a different post office before I actually got it shipped..

Latest posts

Back