Clearwater Revival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok..I got a bunch more cleared up today..we are ok with insurance/police/anybody that cares..:D

i am now in the process of measuring out the areas we need for what...cutting..axe throwing...chainsaw tossing...(biggest trophy):D sorry Robert..I want to see you toss the Predator...lmao...and camping....we can drink in the designated campin area as well as my private property, which will only be open to our Arboristsite friends and my clientele...

Saturday night..will be John L cooking up buffalo roasts and deer roasts..and chicken and if anyone requests...the wild and untamed Spamelope...hehe..we can do Tofu...just let me know...:)

I am thinking of charging 3 bucks a head to get in for anyone that didnt travel more than 150 miles basically..so locals..just to cover costs of logs, fences...etc...does that sound reasonable to everyone? like I said...I have never done anything like this...entry for any events for the arborist people will be absolutely free...and only us entering...

If anyone and I mean anyone(even you Otto) has any ideas..any at all...at ways this could work better..or differnet things we can do...please...let me know!!

Hello Dennis, I put on three State Powerlifting meets for the state of Tennessee some years back. Had to get out because basically no help. Most State promoters are Coaches w/student help. I had to rely on family and lifting parteners.

This sounds like a la whole lot of fun. A bunch of phone calls, I guess you already do that... ???? I wish I could be there, well , post stuff?

powerlifting , smearlifting - none of you can even come close to the power of my biceps - vitun homot - you will all lose! i will kick your butts - just wait until i get my greffardized saw and kick ally'alls a$$...lol:D

otto, have you gotten your saw yet? I ain't gotten mine neither. Maybe I'll swing by and pick you up on our way to get our saws and later in the summer you can swing by and pick me up on our way to pick up the trophies in canada?

Hey Dennis, this rendevous sounds like a lot of fun. Mostly with people you know and all. Middle of July huh? How far away is deer season?

Mike, deer season here doesnt start until the beginning of August...but we do have some really nice high elevation lakes for fishing and canoeing...we also have whitewater rafting for those interested...

We will have to do something about videoing and/or maybe set up a webcam for all those that cant make it...

Otto....only a few days left before you get your saw :) was it the 20th?

man, it would be nice to do the rendevous, some fishing, and hook up with an eployer till deer season. Some of them 300lb. Canadian whitetails. Is 300 lb. ver common, 250? I've killet my share but no Canuks?:cool:

Bruce, yes, July 12-14 are the dates we are looking at...I am thinking...sign in on the 12th cut the 13th and mrnong of the 14 th if we want...some people will have to head out on the Sunday...or we could organise a golf tourney..or river rafting for the sunday...what ever people want to do...but Saturday will be the main cutting day

Mike, there is always work around here during that time of year, but getting the work visa and such may be difficult..dont know much about it...

a 300lb Muley is pretty big..but they are out there....a good sized deer is about 250 live prolly...here is the one I got last fall...but its costly for US citizens to hunt here...

-Cant sleep...clowns will eat me...Cant sleep..clowns will eat me...

Whistler, sorry I didnt realize I had missed the question..the best option is to fly into Kamloops and rent a vehicle there...I am about an hour and a half from the Kamloops airport, as the time draws nearer I will post some maps....

I mentioned to Russ and some of you may want to do the same...it may be easier to drive into Canada if you are close to the border, and then catch a plane from there..taking advantage of the exchange, and not having to deal with airport customs....

We need a stocksaw event, everybody using the same powerhead with a 28" .050 bar....Just bring
YOUR chain. Any Thoughts:rolleyes:

Around here we use a 20" log with a 3" stripe front and back. Nose the saw through the front stripe and out the back, then pull your up-cut then down to slab off one piece.

Another race I like is where you up-cut to the stripe then pull out and down cut to meet your other cut.

Just another idea or two

I wish.

I was just looking in an atlas to find out how far away you are. I just wanted make sure I had the right location. Thanks

Hey Dennis ya little creep, dont be talking about my pal Walker that way, he just might stuff you in a hollow log at the revival.
John

Back