Clearwater Revival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty....wood isnt an issue..I have a pretty good free supply...with trucks to haul it... I think we have enough events to cover the two days now...

Still talking to the Outdoor Life Network...should know more Monday...

Keep the ideas rolling!!

Maybe a live band for our little cookout Sat night? "boogie on the balcony"??? hehe

Dennis, it's sounds like you've got it goin on, brother. Christ, I remember when I put on some TN state powerlifting meets, I got the local (Memphis) news out ther, I think 1 out of three years, I put that meet on. People don't realize what it takes to put on a doins. Hang in ther Dennis, godd for you, you're doing the sport and profession, a favor.
;)

Update

Hey guys..here is a quick update...I was talking to the VP of our Canlog ( www.canlog.com )association today and it turns out there is an event scheduled in Powell River the same weekend....all the big boys go there...one of the biggest shows....also turns out it was cancelled...So..now these guys have nowhere to race that weekend....:) good for me..not for them...lol....so..we may see some of the best saws in the country here as well...as well as choppers and throwers...

Another note..got in touch with some people at OLN as well...sent off the info..will see what they say...but i also got five new sponsors for the event..with a big list of very possibles...
Getting some very serious interests...I dont know if I will be able to handle it all myself...lol...

keep ya posted...full steam ahead!!

Good news, Dennis, hang in there and oon with it. If you can edure Rotax and Lambert for those days, this doins will be a breeze. :)

clearwater show

Hi Dennis,
I don't know how it is there in Canada, but when I was the chairman of the annual logging show in Fort Bragg, California, for over five years, we were required to get a million dollar insurance policy to cover the three hour show. Otherwise, we could be held libel for any accidents that could occur to the contestants or spectators attending the show. Something to think about.
Art Martin

Art...that is an extremely good point...Canlog rules state that shatterproof plexiglass must be installed in front of any cutting event..in case of chainbreak...two years ago at one event...( I dont mean to sound like Walt...but he is right on this one) tie straps that had been ground too much broke and sent a 6 inch piece of chain into the beer gardens and landed in a fellows lap....250 feet away....true story...the rule was made law..makes sense...

As far as the insurance goes..I am ahead of you on this one finally..lol...I am in negotiations with them for the weekend...for a extra 10 million coverage...let me tell you...not a small cost...

dont even think about taking a dive Lambert!!!

One more thing I would like to say...I do appreciate everyones enthusiasm in this..how do I describe it?...umm..endeavour...but I need to know who is seriously good for go..and what they need for accomodations...as my hotel deal is booking up...and I tell ya guys...sleeping on my floor is gonna suck..:D..so if you can email me with what days you want to be here..and how you may be coming....and where ya want to stay...I can get a second hotel bu their rate isnt quite as good..will have a quote tomorrow or so...but cant promise anything....the show gets bigger by the day..and the camping offer still stands...just please email me...everyone!! and let me know..I have offered my motorhome and camper to two different couples..if they dont respond ???? soon..lol..they will be up for grabs soon..you know who you are!!!

-"its a great day to be alive..I know the sun still shines when I close my eyes..."

Dennis, how far are you from Seattle? We've got friends that recently moved there...might be able to talk the wife into a dual purpose trip!!!!.....I know I could look on the map, but thought you would have a better idea how far it is.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff...Seattle is approx 7 hours from here...3 to the border..then 4 more here....Rotax would have a bit better idea of exact time...as he is close to there....so might rbtree...but that is close to right....

Dennis I am a go and I am pretty sure the Hotsaw Bill with his Nitrous V6 will be there also...I will need a room at the Hotel.
The last place we stayed was great as I usaully like to tune my saws in the hotel room.

Robert...I have two rooms reserved already for you guys...are you going to be here tomorow?? or what?? am I going fishing instead???...relax Eric...lol...I am kidding..I havent been fishing in years...and Robert..i am trying to convince the bar people to let you bring in the V8 this time...on the bar table...lmao..

Mr Ed Confus....if I cant get a televised situation..then I am serioulsy looking at my net provider for support on a live webcam...pay per view....I know there are alot of guys that cant be there that would love to be...then we can have a forum online that our MC can announce emails coming in...so we can be all together...it can be alot of fun I think...no webcam for the followup party though...hehe

Dennis, what are the stock saw rules and regs. Are there
certain restrictions on chain type/bar type? CC classes?
Can I show up with my bone stock 2171 and have a good
time? (stupid question I know, but thought I better ask)
Never been farther West than Alberta, used to hunt ducks
and geese out that way.

Yukon,

My wimpy lil 4 banger 4x4 Toyota can make it in 6 hrs or so, that's with m' puny leg power helpin' 'er up th' Coquihalla.

Maybe we/they could carpool.....

I'm in Shoreline.

Roger

Dennis, I'll be there fer sure, can camp in the field. Talk to me re contacting your sponsors to try to sell my services as photographer.?

Damm the skiing was superb!! Snowing Friday, 4-6 inches, foggy, top closed. Then sunny Sat/Sun. cold clear nite sucked moisture out of the pow, and we ripped up the Peak Chair/Harmony for two solid days. Got first tracks and did photo shoot in 45 degree Glacier Cirque. Very challenging, new snow depth inconsistent (5-10")and on top of somewhat rough very firm base. A bit crowded as 8000 tickets sold, when they expected 3500.

45 hot skiing buds, major drinkage at nightly parties, mass hot babes and body flashes.

.....leave no turn unstoned!!!

Scott...a stock 2171 is always fun..cause its red...:) I dont know about a stock event though yet...still trying to determine what is up...i did pick up a few more local sponsors today...everythin is looking good....the rules will follow when I get my CanLog book...

Rog...you can camp anywhere you want...lol..big field...glad to hear the hill was hot...man did I get sunburned this weekend...I spent part of sunday working on my deck and dirtbike...

Tonight I spent on the riverbank with a Budweiser and a fishing pole....how sweet was that.??!!...:)

I also got a screaming deal on a jetski this weekend...new engine new hull...painted to my liking..I just gotta decide...cheap cheap...part cash part trade...now i just gotta find time to ride it...

-drive it like its stolen

Ok gentlemen..(who am I talking about??) It is time to decide...I need to know who needs hotel rooms...as we are booking up fairly quickly now...I have a room for Robert ..one for Hotsaw Bill...two for the boys from West Coast Logging shows...good deal on rooms if we book now..$59 bucks a night...cdn...Rupedoggy...how many rooms are you and John gonna need? Wolf River Mike....are you needing a room or you camping? I will know soon if my motorhome is avail...gotta call Otto again today...let me know guys...

Hey Den, can I crash out in the dungeon again? That trap door in the floor gets pretty heavy after awhile though.
John
P.S this is the kinda place I hide when I poach trees. (see picture below)
John

Johnboy...of course you are welcome to the dungeon again..athough it may have some water in it at that time....our flood levels are kinda high this year...

When I woke up this morning there was snow on the ground and falling out of the sky still..grr...my rosebushes weren't liking that....hopefully all the snow will be gone for the July weekend....

Things are falling into place now for the revival...sponsor money is coming in....flyers will be built tomorrow night....hopefully going to confirm the Harley saw this weekend when I show up for the Predators first race...and hopefully take some of that USD funny money home for the small events....

Canlog rulebook should be here tomorrow...and after this weekend we should have an idea of events....

Latest posts

Back