Clearwater Revival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dennis, I must have lost something in the translation.
Anyway, heres Doug Gorter, the guy that trucks my log skidder with his Western Star rolloff.
John the Piss Tank

Ok then, we will have a contest for the girls...I have just started to modify my dishwasher and clothes washer...I may be able to get 30+ hp out of them. I think the girls could easily do 3 loads of wash and clean up after the guys dinner in less than 6.25 seconds if they team up.

Just another western thought. :D

Hi Robert, the only problem with the 30hp+ washer is that when it becomes unbalanced with chaps, denim jackets and jeans in the spin cycle, it sorta just tears up the carpet as is dances from room to room. Trust me, I have seen it before.
Gyro Guy

That only happens with canadian chaps...that is becuase one leg is always shorter than the other just like thier hickory shirt sleeves are different lengths.

Hey Robert, the Hickory shirts are my favourite, but if you have had too many beverages they are to hard to get off, but this is no problem as you can be ready for work all the sooner in the morning and sleep quite cozy while wearing them, even soakin wet.
John

Hey all, for those interested in a Hotel room, I just got some prices back for rooms...the hotel is full accomodation, hottub, no pool..restaurant and pub...very close to event site..(2or 3 minutes) newly reno'd and $59cdn per night...If anyone needs more information, please let me know

Dennis
(250)674-3562

Since it looks as though this event is actually going to happen, could there be a recap posted for those of use who are hopelessly inadept at ascertaining facts from more than one post at a time, ie, dates, location, planned events, that sort of thing. I may have some actual vacation this year, and while it might be easier to go sit on the beach in South Carolina, it might be more entertaining to spend some time in the great woods of the Northwest amongst my timbering bretheran, discussing the relative merits of various chains, saws, beers and chaws. Not to mention trucks - Rr Rr Rr...

I would sure enough appreciate that...

Hey not a problem....the Clearwater Revival will be happening on July 12th 13th and 14th, with most of the events on the 13th and 14th....we will have the following attendees Rotax Robert Andrews is confirmed with the "Predator", John Lambert our chef will be here, John Walker of the infamous Walkers Saw Shop, Jokers (Russ) is scheduled to arrive as well....With any luck Otto will be able to talk his wife into coming as well...Mike Rupley(Rupedoggy) has mentioned the possibility as well, and I still trying to talk Ken Dunn into missing a few races to be here. I know I havent mentioned all that are coming from the site...but I am a little under the weather here today..lol..and my mind is not all here...as if it ever was...lol...

As far as events are concerned, we are talking of mod saws in their respective classes...axe throwing...chainsaw toss..stock saws with everyones own chain...if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them...We are not talking money events, just good fun and a chance for everyone to meet...I will be trying to get some trophies...and like I have said before...I expect the event to be a little rough around the edges for the first year, and if the response is good..we can do it annually

Saturday night I will be hosting a bbq at my house on the deck for all you guys and gals that can make it...as well I have mentioned that anyone that wants to bring a motorhome or camper or trailer(self contained)...I have lots of available free space...

If any of you are looking at making a longer holiday out of it, we do have some fantastic scenery in the Wells Gray Park..great golfing ,whitewater rafting, and fishing...another thing you may want to consider is "Merrit Mountain Music Festival" Merrit is hom to one of the largest outdoor country music festivals around...it is approx 2.5 hours south of Clearwater and on the way to Vancouver. Check out www.mountainfest.com . This year is Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, Carolyn Dawn Jonson...and the likes...always a good time...

Once again everyone is welcome, and if you have any questions or concerns..please call me!!

Dennis Greffard
Greffards Saw Shop
Clearwater B.C.
Canada
V0E 1N0
(250) 674-3562

I Booked this trip SOLID with Dennis and other woodticks/arborists.
Bring your Saw, your chain or just plain bring yourself. you will get a treat. The PREDATOR HOTSAW is nearing completion and is a few weeks away from laying it to a log. And just to keep it fair, I'll bring my one lung saw to the revival also......Yeah,,,I'm on a mission !!!

GOOD LUCK...........YOU WILL NEED IT

Ok, just talked to the local Chamber of Commerce, and its in their list of events now too...so we will have alot of locals watching too...We will have our local Lions Club with hotdog/hamburger/refreshment trailer ....unfortunately no beer gardens...lol..but the Sargeant of our local police detachment has told me that it will be just fine for people to consume the odd beverage in either the campground site, or on my private property..which is beside the event...:) just keeping it out of public eye..

so it seems myself, Rotax and Gyro will test that theory this coming week...John is scheduled for sunday/monday sometime..depending on how many times he gets tossed in jail for gassing and dashing..Robert should be up Wednesday or Thursday to help drink some of Canada's finest blend...

Pictures and jail terms to follow...

Yo locked foot one,

Hope you can still find time to meet me at Sun Peaks Sunday. I think i can make it! I can watch the hill get greffardized.......or one planked.........groan......

Freakin amazing, there's five inches of snow and counting at my house in North Seattle. Was dumping at 2 an hour rate for a while.

see my post under
"Finally some Snow" on Commercial tree care thread.

Hey Dennis,

I've an old 7 lb toy homelite. Think I could win the toss?? Besides, i'm just a little squirt.......

how about trees on the site. Think i could do a tree climbing demo? Not logger style, but arborist.

Rog...gotta wait until *No Panties* lets me know if she is going o make it...I cannot decide till then about the Peaks..I am really hoping I cant go...lol..not cause I dont wanna "one plank"..but because i havent seen her in a month...

If I do make it to the hill...its not the hill that gets "greffardized" ..its the trees i hit...lol...that is why I ride "hardtop"...

Did you get my email? or is it still hooped?

7lbs? prolly doesnt have the weight to make the momentum to carry it...or the starer cord to handle the "drop..spin three times and throw" capabilities..but hey...to each their own...my fav is going to be a little craftsman with a #6 start cord :D Will practice this week...check out the results on "Pre Clearwater" Robert will be using the rotax..I think i have this one in the bag...

yep, got the email, didnt i respond? maybe i forgot to hit send....

Ah, so it's kinda like the hammer throw event in track and field, eh? No problem, for this here ex decathlete..........

.......forrrrrrrrrrre............crash.....

........oops, sorry ma'am bout the winder

News Update

Ok..I spent another several hours on the phone tonight with people in regards to the Revival....

I will know for sure in a couple days...but it seems we are confirmed with "West Coast Logging Shows" for both Saturday and Sunday....the response i have been receiving has blown this show up into more than we may be able to handle in one day....so we are going a full two days....I talked to Brian (owner of WCLS) tonight for awhile...and he is as excited as I am about this..unfortunately we wont be graced with his presence this year, as he has shows commited all over the world..but he will have some of his finest here for us...they will be taking care of the MCing...log chopping contests...and axe throwing...the axe throwing and log chopping will be open to anyone if they have their own equipment....I will have axes for the axe throwing..if anyone wants to use them they are welcome...We also discussed the fact that we need another major "Loggers" event in BC...and if this goes well...i am going to continue next year with full 3 day show...with all the best loggers(not that we wont already be here;)) and all the best saws...(well I guess so...lol)

The other events look like mod saws...in their respective classes...and I still like Roberts idea of a stock saw with eachs own chain...lets see who can file...(gypo??) And of course..the finale will be the world renouned "chainsaw toss":D

For all you new guys and gals that have joined Arborist as of late...you may want to read back into this thread and see what this is all about...

Remember..i am open for any questions..
(250)674-3562

Dennis

dennis,
still looking for events to have at the show? i have a pretty good list of things to do. the trick i found is to cut back on expenise the first year. hold events that you can use the product more than once ie.log rolling. let me know and i will post a list of events and goals. marty

Back