Climber Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well I think I'm going to upgrade to a real saw this week. I haven't decided if i'm going to go Husqy or Stihl. I'm thinking either the 334t or 338xpt for husqy, I know there's quite a bit of a price gap between them. I've used a 334 for my last employer and liked it but never a 338. Can anyone tell me how the stihls ms192t and ms200t compare. I do have a dolmar dealer right down the road from me but have not heard anything about them. Is anyone running one, and if so do they make a good climber saw? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I bought a 192T a couple of months ago. There is no comparison between it and a 200T (well 020T before they went to 200T). The 200T will eat the 192T's lunch. However, the 192T is a big improvement over the 019T. It's fine for light duty work, limbing and topping. I do wish it had higher RPMs though. It is light and comfortable to use in the tree (lightest on the market) but I still wish I would have gone with the 200T. I will probably sell this one to a young climber I have working for me and buy a 200T next year.

I use the ms 200T and like it a lot. I have never had a problem with it and I use it everyday for several hours. My understanding is it has a stronger housing then its cheaper version the 192. There have been a couple of threads on this in the past. try searching

I just bought a Dolmar 3410TH which seems to be about halfway between the 192 and 200T as far as price and features. Seems to be a pretty good saw, so far.

The 200T is really the benchmark for climbing saws. Great power and they tend to work day after day. While Husky has some great saws IMHO there really is no better climbing saw than the 200T. I know they are pricey but in this case you really do get what you pay for.

There is an upgraded 2007 NEW EDITION of 334T, 338xpt, and the Jred. The latest NEW EDITION of the Jred has a new name, Jonsered 2139T. The new 39cc Husky and Jred upgraded edition have a better carb, increased compression ratio for more rapid acceleration and increased torque, and the auto decomp is gone.

Jonsered 2135T
attachment.php

:crazy1:
attachment.php

Jonsered CS 2139 T

Light and well-balanced arborist saw that is easy to use and service. The 39cc saw has a high chain speed making it particularly efficient. These qualities along with the fact that the saw has a versatile and well-planned design make it ideal for professional tree care and traditional arborist work.

Cylinder displacement 39.0 cm³ / 2.4 cu.inch
Power 1.7 kW / 2.3 hp
Fuel tank volume 0.34l / 0.72 US pint
Oil tank volume 0.15l / 0.32 US pint
Oil pump type Adjustable flow
Chain pitch 3/8"
Recommended bar length 30-36 cm / 12-14"
Sound level 100 dB(A)
Noise emissions, LWA 112 dB(A)
Vibrations, front/rear handle 2.8 m/s² / 3.1 m/s²
Weight excl. cutting equipment 3.5 kg / 7.7 lbs

I did not know jonsered made a aborist saw? Aren't there saws like homeowner saws on steriods or something?? It doesn't look very durable by the picture.:buttkick:

192T not a patch on 200T. I had husq 335's and had oiler and spark unit troubles. Never had a 338.
I stick with 200t and any larger stihl or husky's

I did not know jonsered made a aborist saw? Aren't there saws like homeowner saws on steriods or something?? It doesn't look very durable by the picture.:buttkick:

Few years ago Jonsered build a Top-handle saw based on Husqvarna 334T, whit idea's and design from 335xpt and 338xpt, and whit some Jonsered idea's and design, so it was not one exact copy of any Husky model, and that was Jonsered 2135T.
There is an upgraded 2007 NEW EDITION of 334T, 338xpt, and the Jred(2139T).

:rock: :rockn:

Doesn't look like the Johnny Red is very different from a Husky!! I've used the 200T exclusively except for one day with the Husky. Broke the back piece hauling it into a tree on the first job, so much for the Husky. You can see the problem in the first post of the Johnny Red Arborist saw, when you haul it up by the attatchment the butt sticks out which makes it hang crooked instead of the 200t which hauls up dead vertically. 200T is worth every penny.

Doesn't look like the Johnny Red is very different from a Husky!! I've used the 200T exclusively except for one day with the Husky. Broke the back piece hauling it into a tree on the first job, so much for the Husky. You can see the problem in the first post of the Johnny Red Arborist saw, when you haul it up by the attatchment the butt sticks out which makes it hang crooked instead of the 200t which hauls up dead vertically. 200T is worth every penny.

Yes the butt on Jred and Husky sticks out a bit, and you broke the back piece hauling it into a tree,... Wow,... well I don't think even the 200T would hold up to that kind of hauling.........:dizzy:

MS200T with Muffler Screen removed and Carb tuned.

Once you feel the raw power and balance nothing less will ever do again.

+1

Well, some are of the opinion that the new 39cc Husky and Jred are in the same league as the 200T, maybe better.....
Anyway, I don’t know what is right, but I don’t believe that the 200T always will be the answer.....

I don’t believe that the 200T always will be the answer.....

Couldn't agree more, over time new products will build on what has gone before, I also own a 338XPT but it wouldn't begin to compare the MS200T.

This 338XPT/MS200T arguement goes on and on, but the fact remains, (for now) the MS200T is better.

Couldn't agree more, over time new products will build on what has gone before, I also own a 338XPT but it wouldn't begin to compare the MS200T.

This 338XPT/MS200T arguement goes on and on, but the fact remains, (for now) the MS200T is better.

Anyway, the New Edition 2007 Husqvarna 334T, 338xpt, and Jonsered 2139T, is not the same as the older one's....

Last edited:

They don't - Husky make it for them, as with all the other Jreds, except the cheapest "homeowner" ones (Poulan make those).

For what its worth echo has two top handles, the 330t and 360t. I have the 330t, and its no stihl. Its a good saw, but its oiler is based off the crank, if the saw is runnin its pumpin. Interpreted if your climbing, its oiling your leg.... should got a 200t... Good thing it starts easy.

Back