Climber Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was in denial myself for a while.

now that i have an ms200t,there is nothing like it in a top handle saw.if their larger saws ran like this thing,i wouldn't own any huskies.

They don't - Husky make it for them, as with all the other Jreds, except the cheapest "homeowner" ones (Poulan make those).

Actualy i own two joney reds, and i wouldn't trade them for any huskys. True they are made by the same company but lets clear something up. The Jreds are the top end saws. In each class they produce a higher cc saw than even sthill. Jonsreds are manufactured to be the top chain saw. The company manufactures huskys to be dependable and affordable for the big time tree companys who want to save money because they go through so many saws any way. Chainsaws are to the individuals preference and you would be foolish to deny yourself the pleasure of testing each maker, as apossed to takeing someones personal opinion. I am actualy looking at dolmar- Bad ass saw. Id take one over a still, husky or jred any day. Getting back to your question. Stills have more torque and are genneraly more powerfull than husky. Huskys have a higher rpm and are lighter, made with more plastic componets unlike the steel componets of its competitor sthill. Joney, have the power, light weight and durabillity of both saws. If you havent; pick up a jonsered that has been leaned out and run it against another, make your own decision. I own a 670 champ. ask around about it. Sterroids or not they kick huskies:censored: anyday.

Regarding Jonsered...
In each class they produce a higher cc saw than even sthill.

What about the 90cc 7bhp class and the 120cc 8bhp class?

Stihl has the MS660 and MS880 and Jonney Red top out with the CS2186 at 85cc with 6bhp.

85cc and 6bhp?!?! Stihl gets 6bhp out of their 76.5cc MS460. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Major Woody, though your post about Jonsy in general is kinda off topic, I want to comment. There is no appreciable difference in any of the current Husky/Jonsy line besides housings..... the innards are identical...I'm assuming this is also true with the 2139/338 climb saws.

Ms 192

I bought a 192 a couple days ago...and really got to use it today...i loved it..

I had a Echo 330T...didnt like the way it was balanced...and other things on the unit.

I have never used a 200T...but for right now the 192 was in my price range...and so far i am very pleased.

Allright already

Bottom line it all goes back to what you like. And refering to the jonsey i was refereing to its class, not the sthill i was merely compareing jones reds current products. As far as componets im unsure being that they are the same manufacturer its seems logigal sense most everything in this country seems to be loosing its individuality. but for record I own more sthills than any other saw, i just like the 670 champ and the 2117 turbo. But my climber is definately the 200t. althogh im considering the california model husqy. Any one got input on the Solo advertised in Bailies.:sword:

Well I think I'm going to upgrade to a real saw this week. I haven't decided if i'm going to go Husqy or Stihl. I'm thinking either the 334t or 338xpt for husqy, I know there's quite a bit of a price gap between them. I've used a 334 for my last employer and liked it but never a 338. Can anyone tell me how the stihls ms192t and ms200t compare. I do have a dolmar dealer right down the road from me but have not heard anything about them. Is anyone running one, and if so do they make a good climber saw? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

iv ran alot of saws my personal fav is ms 200 made by stihl cutts faster 4 certain cutts the desine is very nice as far as the way it fitts in ur hand its way more balanced than eco johny red husky shindowa home lite may be more money butt u get what u pay 4 i think stihl makes the best ill never buy any other saws been thru most of them good luck u cant go rong with stihl producks wll brother big mike

Last edited:
I bought a 192 a couple days ago...and really got to use it today...i loved it..

I had a Echo 330T...didnt like the way it was balanced...and other things on the unit.

I have never used a 200T...but for right now the 192 was in my price range...and so far i am very pleased.

iv used 192 gets cought on my accesry snap butt bottom line its beter than all other non stihl saws but has no ass 2 it get the ms 200 ull love the change wll brother big mike

Ms 200t, great light weight well balanced saw. High chain speed and good low end. Make sure and take that muffler screen off. I have heard that some people tune the carbs for even better performance as well.

Been using a 200T for three years now. Had carb problems in the beginning, but Stihl replaced at NO CHARGE even though it was several months out of warranty! I was ready to try Husky, until the carb on the 200T was replaced. Now this saw works constantly both in the bucket and when climbing and does an awesome job day in and day out. Very tough and dependable saw with great power.

Beaver

You better get the 200T quick because I heard it was going up over $600 next year. I need a couple big jobs lined up and I'm going out and buying one.

You better get the 200T quick because I heard it was going up over $600 next year. I need a couple big jobs lined up and I'm going out and buying one.

It isn't far from there now. A year ago I scored a clean used 200T for $375 and bought a new one for $475. The current price in my area is $570 the last time I checked!!!

Wow...

I hope they dont up it up again...

The next saw to get re done i heard from my shop is the 460...stihl i hear gonna mod it like they did to the 440 to the 441.

He thought it was a year to a year and half out...

guess we will see

I can get it for $525 with tax in my area. The husky 338 is $450 + tax so I'm saving up my pennies for the Stihl. I'd rather wait to buy the top of the line instead of buy a lesser saw then buying the top of the line

I can get it for $525 with tax in my area. The husky 338 is $450 + tax so I'm saving up my pennies for the Stihl. I'd rather wait to buy the top of the line instead of buy a lesser saw then buying the top of the line

MS200T is going up $50! November 1st....better buy quick!

Latest posts

Back