Climber was stealing from me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2treeornot2tree

Dont cry, just do it
Reaction score
Found out today that the guy I had climbing for me was going back around after we did these storm cleanup jobs and was collecting money from the customers. He wont return my calls now, so I guess I am gonna have to go to the District justice and see what he will do. What a bunch of crap. So far he has stole $1300 that I have found out about. I have been trying to get ahold of all the customers i billed and let them know whats going on.

Found out today that the guy I had climbing for me was going back around after we did these storm cleanup jobs and was collecting money from the customers. He wont return my calls now, so I guess I am gonna have to go to the District justice and see what he will do. What a bunch of crap. So far he has stole $1300 that I have found out about. I have been trying to get ahold of all the customers i billed and let them know whats going on.

Sounds like he will be going to jail with any proof from you and one witness.

That is sure tough, it looks like the boy is now soon to be a felon instead of a climber. I'd prosecute the guy, hopefully you can get a judgement and take what he stole out of his tax return.

That is sure tough, it looks like the boy is now soon to be a felon instead of a climber. I'd prosecute the guy, hopefully you can get a judgement and take what he stole out of his tax return.
:msp_angry:

if tax return is your code word for ass than I agree thats where you should get it back from....

He should have his legs broke. I was paying him $20 a hour. Guess he wanted to be gready. Kinda screws me now, i got some climbing work I need done this week. Guess the only way you get better climbing is doing it more yourself.

wow, that sucks.
same thing happened to a landscaper friend of mine, turns out his guy was a crack-head

What's his name? I'll put an ad on CL, when he responds I'll go up Lancaster way, meet you, then we can meet him.

That sucks man. My advice is that if you are going to put him in concrete shoes, don't post it on a public forum. I mean that in a respectable way, not trying to bust balls. Talk to the cops, get your money back and move to a new climber. I feel for you. It would be hard for me to turn and let the law enforcement take care of it. People like that need to get their jaw broken so they think about their mistake for the 6 weeks they have their jaw wired shut. I can't stand thieves but I am a firm believer in kharma so he'll get his.

I'd go to the guys house to see what the guy does when I come and check on him non challantly.

"So, see the Cards play? How's money? What's your future plans? Oh man, somebody took my money!"

Don't even pin the crime on him while you are there. Just watch the liar act, and go home. Then the police will come by next. :msp_sneaky:

Better than a TV show.

When you're feeling completely frustrated because the cops blew you off REMEMBER, 1099 the sumbych!

He'll be turning up to talk in 18 months to 3 years when IRS slams his ass for failing to report income!

Lord I do love the 1099 form.

Could make them look at the employer too :msp_scared:

That's what I was always worried about. For no real gain.

As for the topic, where did he steal from the boss? I saw that he 'stole' from the customers. Just thinking.

Yep, get the copper involved. Then I would call the other tree services and warn them, may be away to make some friends or mend fences, but ultimately, it will make it hard on the joker to get any work.

The cops already know him I will bet he prob bounced checks on them to pay fines .Meth or crack involved no doubt cause that takes balls and how did the junkie think he would get away with it, he did not care cause he needed junk.

Last edited:
That's what I was always worried about. For no real gain.

As for the topic, where did he steal from the boss? I saw that he 'stole' from the customers. Just thinking.

Yeah, that'll go over well. "Excuse me Mr. Customer, you shouldn't have paid my employee, a representitive of my company who actually cut your trees down, he took your money and quit, and it never made it into my hands, so you still owe me the money."

Not to be cruel...........but, was this a legit employee? Reason I ask is cause a buddy of mine went through a hiring binge of idiots, put em all on the books nice & legal like, well after a quit here, no show there, late show, drunk show, etc...

He hired a guy under the table.............told him, you make it for 1 month & Ill put ya on the books, guy was as good a worker as could be gotten & then tools are missing, home owner writes check out to him after hours....same type situation!

Heres the long & short of it: My buddy couldnt do a thing.......1- he`s under the table (big no,no) & 2- guy stated this was his charges for doing the work he did............turned out to be a No Case issue! he dont hire anyone off the books anymore, such a shame cause I think an employer should be able to temp hire before spending a ton of cash on someone who is gonna quit in 3-4days! Hope it all works out for ya!!!

LXT...............

I think this is BS. I am not saying I doubt your story, but you are weighing some heavy things on a guy who is not here to defend himself. A crackhead, thieving, tree guy is nothing new but handle it with or without the authorities and keep the guys name off the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back