Climber was stealing from me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I don't think i will ever talk or be around any kind of doctor, lawyer or law enforcement without having a film crew taping my version.

Law enforcement may have finally overstepped reason and screwed themselves on this matter.

They've been using the two-party consent for audio recordings in some states to go after folks videoing cops, especially with cell phones. If you didn't turn off the mic first they were charging folks with wiretap violations.

First Circuit Court of Appeals covering most of New England has ruled there is a First Amendment right to record the police in their public duties that overrides the wiretap laws. It's a good guess that this precedent will eventually extend to all public officials.

Not sure how up-to-date it is, but here's a summary of how the laws vary from state to state and which 12 states are "two party" consent that generally require everyone in the conversation agree to be recorded:
Summary of Consent Requirements for Taping Telephone Conversations

Law enforcement may have finally overstepped reason and screwed themselves on this matter.

They've been using the two-party consent for audio recordings in some states to go after folks videoing cops, especially with cell phones. If you didn't turn off the mic first they were charging folks with wiretap violations.

First Circuit Court of Appeals covering most of New England has ruled there is a First Amendment right to record the police in their public duties that overrides the wiretap laws. It's a good guess that this precedent will eventually extend to all public officials.

Not sure how up-to-date it is, but here's a summary of how the laws vary from state to state and which 12 states are "two party" consent that generally require everyone in the conversation agree to be recorded:
Summary of Consent Requirements for Taping Telephone Conversations

Though most of your info is correct we fall under Second Circuit... just saying

Oh yeah Dan you are a real life Dale from King of the HIll

tumblr_l8q55tH9y41qzdypz.png

Last edited:
Recording laws are pretty well covered here.
State Phone Call Recording Law Summaries and Information

Bottom line cops hate recording laws because cops have to follow the law when recorders are present.

Pennsylvania State law is probably in violation of present court decisions. Recorders only cost 50 bucks, and can be the best money you ever spend. They're very small and virtually undetectable. My Olympus has served me well, and often ended disputes early.

My wife's Sony paid for itself 1000 times over when her employer tried to screw her over.

Conduct yourself as if you were being recorded, you never know when you will be.

Danno, I am on your brain wave! I record people all the time too! I use my I-phone now, hit the video button, wont get the picture but the mic is real good! Use it as a bit of security when dealing with verbal agreements on the details. Actual scope of work is all on paper. But the devil is in the details and I like them on tape!

I have used this when buying cars as well, sales men make promises, sales manager knocks it down, same ol game. BUT!! If a salesmen makes a promise on the floor, and you have it recorded. They will make it work, dont want no bad juju about shadiness!

Danno, I am on your brain wave! I record people all the time too! I use my I-phone now, hit the video button, wont get the picture but the mic is real good! Use it as a bit of security when dealing with verbal agreements on the details. Actual scope of work is all on paper. But the devil is in the details and I like them on tape!

I have used this when buying cars as well, sales men make promises, sales manager knocks it down, same ol game. BUT!! If a salesmen makes a promise on the floor, and you have it recorded. They will make it work, dont want no bad juju about shadiness!

And I would tell him to shove the deal and let him loose his commission if he lied and you had to prove otherwise!!!

Back